Desperate sound is low M2N-SLI-DELUXE ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
I cannot get my sound working on this computer. I have tried everything. MAx volume is set at very very low. It all started once I bought this new pos Asus board.

You can see my previous post here

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/asus-m2n-sli-deluxe-board-junk-sound-issues-here-162959/

To start the onboard sound was popping a lot. The thing is I had to max speaker volume to get a decent volume out of the speakers with the new mobo. And when it would pop (quite often) it would blast me max volume for random amounts of time. The onboard sound was alos distorted sometimes and scratchy.

So I got fed up and bought a new sound card. This made things a little better. I got sound volume up a little and the distortion went away. But it will still pop just not as often and so not quite so bad. But now it's gotten even worse even with a soundcard the overall volume is just barely audible.

I am at my wits end. I have tried reinstalling drivers, buying new speakers, and I replaced the sound card. I have maxed all volume settings on all programs in windows....everything. I just think this mobo is a pile of krap. I have never had this kind of issue with any of my other builds.

If anyone knows anything please let me know, I am really just kind depressed about it all. I don't feel like buying a new mobo and replacing everything again.

Did you try to put the Sound Card in a different PCI Slot? also did you clean the drivers for old sound card?

yeah I have tried to do that with one suggestion it should be all cleared up.

The only thing I can think of is that did not put in a couple spacers on the board because Asus was to cheap to give me any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom