Dell 1750 Windows 7 Will Not Load Past Splash Screen

helix2301

In Runtime
I have a dell 1750 laptop that I just replaced the hard drive with a new exact same hard drive that was in there I went to reinstall windows from the recovery disk and it never gets past the 7 logo I never even get to the option of installing the OS. I tried a Vista Disk does the same thing. I tried an XP disk and does the same thing. I did a bios update and put the hard drive in compatibility mode same issue on all 3 Operating Systems. I ran the dell diagnostic that come with the computer and everything tests fine. I tried to load all 3 OS off a jump drive and same issue. I ran hardware diagnostics off the Ultimate Boot Disk all hardware comes back fine. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks.

it never gets past the 7 logo I never even get to the option of installing the OS.

Is the optical drive with the recovery disk the first device in the boot order?
Same recovery disk that is for that pc?

It boots from the cd but never gets past the 7 logo I tried a regular windows 7 disk not the oem disk and its still giving me the same problem.

I tried to load all 3 OS off a jump drive and same issue. I ran hardware diagnostics off the Ultimate Boot Disk all hardware comes back fine. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks.

Try not to load everything off of a jump drive or even a dvd.
Format the usb drive again and put the iso back on it.
Microsoft Store

May I ask where you're getting the iso from ?
Been somewhat in the sameboat as you lately.
But I noticed chrome and some other browsers may corrupt the download leading to this.
Especially if the download is taking to long or the checksum is incorrect.
MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Another option you might want to try, zero out the drive first with a third party formatting program like KillDisk. That way you can be sure your working with a clean drive

Try not to load everything off of a jump drive or even a dvd.
Format the usb drive again and put the iso back on it.
Microsoft Store

May I ask where you're getting the iso from ?
Been somewhat in the sameboat as you lately.
But I noticed chrome and some other browsers may corrupt the download leading to this.
Especially if the download is taking to long or the checksum is incorrect.
MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I've noticed Chrome doing this for quite a while now - I try not to download extremely large files in it anymore, on the off-chance that they'll corrupt.

Also, instead of some random MD5 checksum utility, how about the one I developed that's stickied at the top of the Windows section :p.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/checksum-verifier-generator-utility-269473/

When you said you tried loading them from a flash drive, did you use the tool posted to put the ISO on the flash drive?
Microsoft Store

Get the ISO for the version of Win7 (Home Premium or Pro... get the x64 version of whichever matches your version) from here:
Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Use the Microsoft USB Tool to load the downloaded ISO onto the flash drive, and try again.

Also try this:

Go into your BIOS, and remove the hard drive, save, and reboot. It will then re-detect the drive again. Even though the drive is the same hard drive, a different production date may mean there are slight differences, and in some cases it is best to have the drive re-detected by the BIOS.

Just a thought in all this.

Back
Top Bottom