Dell 1545 inspiron won't dtect any content on DVD's I have had some prblems with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
Dell 1545 inspiron won't dtect any content on DVD's I have had some prblems with this. So i went into device manager and changed it to region 2 united kingdom to see if that would help but it never. I cant even get it to boot windows 7 disc i had hours of frustration after a crash because of this. Driver genius says all drivers are up to date, i even uinstalled it and gave it a reboot to see if that would help but nope it didn't.
Any ideas welcome Thank you in advance.

Your DVD drive might be busted. Is that laptop still under warranty? This is not Windows fault. This is a hardware fault.

No it isn't mate I have been searching for the last 3 hours how to make it region free. Wish I never changed it.

How do you know it isnt damaged? You dont. You just said yourself that you have a hard time getting it to boot from a DVD. That is NOT a Windows related issue. That is a hardware issue. Making the device set to a specific region you can't reset it to region free after that.

Unless you can provide evidence that the drive itself is not damaged other than your gut feeling, then that is the answer you will receive and be suggested to replace it. Just you saying it isnt damaged cause you dont want to replace it is not evidence enough to say that it isnt damaged.

If the Windows disk you used works in other PC's, then it is your drive. Nothing else to it.

Yes but if i buy a new drive will it be region free, as i have had problems with the drive from when i got it years ago mate.

So you are only confirming the fact that it is a hardware issue not an issue related to Windows or the disks being used. So why is it that when MoM said it isnt a Windows issue it was a hardware issue you told him that wasnt true when you just confirmed it with your own words and state for fact that it goes as far back as when you bought it? Why are you making a liar out of yourself?

Yes if you buy a new one it will be region free. But you already set a region on this one, you can not set it back to region free after you set it to a region code. End of story. It cant be done, no software, no firmware flashes, nothing will set it back to region free. You must replace the drive to get it back to being region free.

So i dont know why your giving such issues with our responses. MoM was right when he said it was a hardware issue. You have confirmed it yourself by stating the drive has been problematic since you got it. All pointing to a hardware issue. Not a single piece of evidence to point this to Windows. Replace the drive. Sorry if that is not what you want to hear, but you posted this in the Windows are thinking it is an issue with your OS install. It is not. It is hardware and even posting this in that area will get you the same results. For the final time:

Replace the drive.

Either that or you have no clue what your trying to say. Cause from what your stating in your first post, the drive is having issues and needs to be replaced. Unless you asking us how to uncode your drive to remove the region settings, which is totally different than anything you have stated or even asked anywhere in this thread, you have to replace the drive.

I suggest you read over your own posts and figure out what it is your trying to find out and ask clearly what you want. Cause not a single person understands why you are making such a point about the hardware issue but you keep coming back to the region coding.

Just to confirm the whole region coding thing. It cant be undone. I know this for a fact and from experience.

Well you should really be clear with your answers. Cause you are not be very specific on anything. We cant help you if you dont help yourself. You still have yet to even identify what you want. You just go around giving short one word answers and calling people mate that you have no relationship at all with.

So what is it that you want? You want confirmation that it is a hardware issue, confirmed. You want confirmation that you cant undo region coding, confirmed. So what do you want and please for the love of all things done give me a one liner. Give some real information and a real answer. If not I will call this topic answered and close it cause all we are doing is going around in circles for absolutely no reason at all.

Oh yes it can region uncoding that is. I won't bother calling you mate as you seem not to like it bye

No it cant be undone. I have tried myself many times in the past. So despite your belief that you can uncode a region coding somewhere within Windows, you cannot. Even after a reinstall. It is done onto the firmware of the device itself. You would have to switch out the main board of the drive in order to undo it.

Just go ahead and look on Google and you will see that I am correct.

Your right i dont like being called mate from someone who doesnt know me from the next person online. We are not mates, we are not friends, we are not pals. We talk to each other online. I am nothing but text to you. Maybe a Avatar.

So if you dont want to believe someone who has done this in the past and who knows it cant be done. Fine. But you said yourself you searched for hours on how to do it and came up emtpy. Cause it cant be done. Replace the Drive. End of story.

Question answered. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom