Dead Space graphically glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, i thingk i had this problem only once. i think it was because i had my card clocked too high, 789MHZ on the core and it would mess up really bad like you are saying. so try to lower your core clocks on your 4870. i have not tried it on windows 7.

I'm not overclocked at all. My computer is no different then it was when the game was working. The only difference was AVG was added and Norton was removed. I have disabled AVG and tried it and it didn't work. Besides that, I installed it last night on Windows7 and the game worked just fine. With AVG on, Firewall On, usb devices plugged in, etc. So I have no idea why it would mess up now, on Vista.

Maybe it is the drivers for my ATI card but I do not want to roll them back for just one game. I'll just play it on Windows7, finish the game and be done with it.

Update, I think it's my drivers. I just installed two games that would not work on Vista onto Windows7 and they both worked perfect. Now I am wondering what drivers to try. I tried most recent, 9.4, 9.1 and 8.12. All didn't work.

Any suggestions? Anyone here have Dead Space installed and working with a 4800 series? What drivers do you have installed?

Here you go

deadspace.jpg

I fixed it!!!! I read some where some else was having the same problem. Actually two other people. The fix was to go into 3D settings in CCC and set everything to Default. I did it and it worked!! This also fixed my issue I had with the other game too!

I never mess with that stuff but setting to default fixed it. Maybe I did click something in there BUT I have uninstalled CCC and ATI Drivers and reinstalled them about 6 times over the last week and I know I never made changes to the fresh installs. Oh well it worked!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom