day of defeat source

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunkmon

Baseband Member
this game is a pain in the kaboos, alrite im thinking of buying day of defeat source, i have a core 2 duo 1.8 ghz, 2 gigs ram, 8600gts, will this run day of defeat source at full settings at 1280 x 1024? will it run all half life 2 games at those settings? also will i be able to play oblivion and battlefield 2 and fear at high settins?

The 8600GTS is similar in DX9 performance as my X1950Pro, i also have Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz and 2Gigs of RAM.

So i can tell you :D.

First off just buy the 2nd Counter Strike Source package, it comes with DoD and CS:S.

Right Counter Strike and DoD run at maximum settings, filtering and AA at high, at about 60 frames per second for me. (very smooth) at 1280x768.

I also run HL2 at the same settings, except its about 50 Frames per second.

FEAR, hmm, i run that at 1024x768 at High settings (But Not maximum, AA, and Filtering turned down with one or two otehrs just below Maximum) and i get 40 Fps, and sometimes drops to 30 Fps, so its playable, but you can sometimes notic ethe lag.

As for Oblivion, not sure. ive just ordered that game. Theresalot of settings to play with though. You will probably have it between medium and high, although you could probably have it in high if you reduced the distance that object appear. Also turn off Grass shadows and HDR if you want better performance. I think if you go on TweakGuides, they give you an indepth way to set up oblivion.

have fun :D. There all great games.

when you say dod you mean day of defeat source rite?

how much more of a performance boost would i get if a 8800 gts 320 mb?

CS:S = Counter Strike Source, DoD's = Day of Defeat Source.

Erm... I would think it'd be substantial, about 20 Frames Per Second proberly.

I love DOD:S. The lighting and sound are so finely tuned, that the whole experience is just awesome. I enjoy the source engine FAR more than I do the COD2 engine. Can you imagine COD2 in "Source"? 0_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom