Data Recovery ? - Whats the dumbest computer mistake you've made - Data Recovery ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this laptop, it's my only good computer, and yet it's still not that good of a computer, it's a Pentium III :(

When I was little I had to make some work for school and my brother wasn't around.. I worked on it for serval hours, and sent it to print.. (it was a very old program, I think it wasn't with windows- some green-black screen supposingly on dos).. foolishly I had not saved before sending to print.. I pushed the Shut Down button, and then it happened- suprisingly the printer stopped working and all my work was gone..
then my brother came and told me that- the computer is commanding the printer, and that it can't work by itself..
well, moral of the story- computers are tricky and I am (was. WAS!!) dumb ;(

I guess I must have screwed something up just now....

I loaded up my desktop pc into RedHat 9.0 and tried to log an as root and it said i have no fonts installed....opps...But i can still log in as my regular user account...

dumbest thing ever eh?

i installed a bootleg copy of winxp pro about 5 months ago, then, when i rebooted my pc, no paging file, and it wouldnt let me create one either, i tried setting it to where the system would manage the size, to no avail, i tried creating a .txt file and renaming it to pagefile.sys and placing it in the windows root directory, then all it said when i went to change the size was: "there is already a file called pagefile.sys in the windows directory, would you like to overwrite it?" and i said yes, it still never worked, so finally i got a copy from my boss in the IT dept where i work and installed it, it works great, BUT i forgot to back up all my maps from WARCRAFT 3 (i had over 2k maps, that i now have o dl again) plus, i lost my map i was working on for like the last month, and i no longer can take my computer to my inlaws, where they have dsl :'(, gotta dl with my crappy dial up, but every1 boots me, so i dont know what im gonna do

I have a 3 way tie:

1) I bought a Compaq.

2) I tried to install Mandrake 7.1 on it when I first started using Linux. Didn't know how to use it.

3) When I decided that I wasn't ready for Linux.... *sigh* ... I actually BOUGHT Windows ME.

:)

Installing MS Windows and DOS (oh the pain and agony! i have been suffering since i was 6 for God's sake!)
trying to overclock my CPU (the damn thing crashed)

oh, here are a few others:
installed Redhat 6 at the age of 10, and totally mucked up
burnt Mandrake on over 7 cds and it never passed an install (the older linux's were NOT media picky!) and it was unstable as hell
Slackware pwnz, BSD is my next aim! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom