dang ps2....poc, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i have this ps2 that im fixing for a freind (ps2, not pstwo). so, the problem was it was reading cd's perfect, and wouldnt even detect a dvd.

so i read some, and narrowed it down to the laser not getting enough power, so i opened it up, and got the drive assembely isolated, and was examining it, found nothing wrong, put it back together, wouldnt read anything. so i once again opened it, and something told me to check the ribbion cable on the laser mechanesm my self, and i did, and what do you know. the freaking ribbion is ripped, but im still wondering how did this happen, there isnt even a moving part right there.

but my origional diagnosis was correct. the laser was not getting enough power, not even close. its getting no power. it seems like those 6 wires on the right side are power and ground wires for the laser. who would of thought

well, here is the best pic i got from my craptacular .3MP webcam.

ideas on how to fix it? i dont got 50 bux to fork out on a replacement lazer, sooo. ideas?

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 34
Hi, I its seems like you know a lot more than I about this stuff. I had the disk error with my PS2 and I found a great tech support site that help me fix my problem, I believe you will find some answers there as well, they also have live chat support that you can use for free.

Here is the page for PS2 Repair

Hope it helps

Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom