Cyberathlete Professional League

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
WHos going? IN the summer its more commonly known as the WSVG or Word Series of Video Games. ITs being held here in Dallas at the Gaylord in Grapevine. Me, my friend Jerry, and my gf already have our free passes!! Not LANing thouhg cause BYOC costs 80 bucks. ANybody going? ITs worldwide.

I was thinking about signing up a few months ago, but between airfair and a hotel room it would have cost me my next system upgrade. Plus there is always the chance that I could go and get my butt handed to me in the first round.

Nope, im too good. I would win to easily, dont like to hurt peoples feelings.

This isnt just a tourney, its a huge computer convention. I played on a computer w/ a Conroe, dual X1900XTXs in crossfire and 4gig of Corsair ram. Is freaking CRAZY!!! I won a Creative Fatal1ty mouse and im gonna go try and win an X-FI Xtreme Music. This place is nuts man, there are like 20 XPS's running Quake4 and theres 4 Conroe machines (the one i was on) w/ GRAW running max settings 1600x1200. Its freakin crazy!! I also have at least 100 bucks in t-shirts as well and alot of other swag that i got. The ATI booth is running all Prey on their machines and its all maxed out. This is crazy. The tourney is awesome too. These guys are pros man like seriously. I consider myself some sort of good at least but these guys make me look like im just learning how to play FPS. Most on here would get pwned big time. The Halo2 tourney has at lesat 50 360s in the corner and they have like 20 more in another corner playing GRAW. In about 30 minutes im going to try and win a new Antec case and some 7.1 headphones. wow. Also to those who said travel was a problem, the WSVG is worldwide.

P.P. Mguire said:
This isnt just a tourney, its a huge computer convention. I played on a computer w/ a Conroe, dual X1900XTXs in crossfire and 4gig of Corsair ram. Is freaking CRAZY!!! I won a Creative Fatal1ty mouse and im gonna go try and win an X-FI Xtreme Music. This place is nuts man, there are like 20 XPS's running Quake4 and theres 4 Conroe machines (the one i was on) w/ GRAW running max settings 1600x1200. Its freakin crazy!! I also have at least 100 bucks in t-shirts as well and alot of other swag that i got. The ATI booth is running all Prey on their machines and its all maxed out. This is crazy. The tourney is awesome too. These guys are pros man like seriously. I consider myself some sort of good at least but these guys make me look like im just learning how to play FPS. Most on here would get pwned big time. The Halo2 tourney has at lesat 50 360s in the corner and they have like 20 more in another corner playing GRAW. In about 30 minutes im going to try and win a new Antec case and some 7.1 headphones. wow. Also to those who said travel was a problem, the WSVG is worldwide.

You ****ing *******! :p Jk, man. :D Have fun, wish I was there.

DOOOOD i just got back and holy crap im going tomorrow!! I think im peeing my pants right now seriously. I won an X1900XTX!! *jumps up and down like little kid* omg omg ZOMG. This is awesome. My gf is getting me a DFI board for a late b-day present soon and im getting a PSU to support it. WOW. If you have the chance to catch the event do so. The little tourneys inside it are really fun. TOmororw im gonna try and win an X-FI Xtreme Music. If your wondering how i got the card holler and ill tell :D

P.P. Mguire said:
DOOOOD i just got back and holy crap im going tomorrow!! I think im peeing my pants right now seriously. I won an X1900XTX!! *jumps up and down like little kid* omg omg ZOMG. This is awesome. My gf is getting me a DFI board for a late b-day present soon and im getting a PSU to support it. WOW. If you have the chance to catch the event do so. The little tourneys inside it are really fun. TOmororw im gonna try and win an X-FI Xtreme Music. If your wondering how i got the card holler and ill tell :D

holy crap congratulations. go on, tell us how you got it!

To prolly answer some questions about what this convention is i should get off the excitement ladder and explain.
www.thecpl.com
www.thewsvg.com Thats where im at.
For the ATI.
A clan mate of mine told me how when Nvidia was a sponsor he brought an ATI card up and broke it in half for them and they where like LOL cool, heres a card. I believe he got a 6800GT for it. Sooo (old ppl will know about this card) i had a dead Personal Cinema 5700 that i brought and told the sponsor guy i would bust it in half over my knee for a card. He said sure thing. I figured me X1800 or something right? He pulled an amazing X1900XTX outa one of the prototype machines for it. THey should also have it in the media photo gallery as well. Freakin crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom