CSV to Excel with formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpelly

Baseband Member
I need to bring some files that are sent to me in CSV format to an excel sheet every week. I am having issues with keeping the files formatted when brought into the excel document. Is there and easy way to do this information transfer that I am over looking?

Thanks guys.

Without knowing the exact setup you have I would most likely have a template with the format I desire.

Open the template, save as file name I want keeping the template.

then I would open the csv, copy data then paste special / values into the template.

If I had the files and desired fomatting I could perhaps come up with a better solution. Perhaps having a data sheet you paste the data into and a fomatted sheet using different lookups from the data for the desired effect.

how would i go about making the template? just making a excel sheet with the columns wanted? i was thinking of this but the data fields didnt stay how i wanted them too.

Is it the same data format each time? If so the first week spend the time to get the formatting the way you want it.

Save another copy of the file as weekly_report_template. Then use that to paste the new information in each month.

A CSV is just comma separated values. It is data only with no formatting associated with it. I assume it is a data dump from some program.

Make your changes and then just do a save as and save over the existing doc and pick the file format from the list as CSV (you will have to know what kind of comma delimited file it is) thats what i do. You can use a template if you want my idea is kind of a quick fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom