Css Choke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD 3200+ 64

Baseband Member
so when i play CSS my choke is CRAZY high hits around 90+ while playing
ive tryed all kinds of cl_uprates, cmd rates and rates but nothin works my choke still stays really high and its gettin super hard to play. my ping is low like 30-60 and its all lagged out and only a few of my bullets register in the game and its Really startin to make me mad
anyone no what i gotta do 2 get my rates to 0?

about a month a ago my choke was always at 0 now its all high :( sum 1 help!

Make sure you have your monitor set at the highest refresh rate it will go. More than likely, it'll be about 75Hz.
rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 75
fps_max 100

k well my monitors Max refresh rate is 60hz and i gotta play with vsync on or the screen gets all choppy when u move fast :( but i'll try thoses rates and see what happens

Type net_graph 3 in console.

Then see what the in/ out is. You then adjust the cl_updaterate, and cl_cmdrate accordingly. I use 33/33 for 33 ticks servers, 66/66 for 66 tick servers. Rate, is set to what your connection speed is. The higher your connection speed, the higher you can set your rate to. 10000 to 20000 is the average effective range. Also remember some servers have a plugin which changes your rates be be really poor, and only the people who change their rates are gonna be lagfree. I feel like they do this on purpose to have an advantage over people who are unaware, or just to lag their server less.

ok well ive tryed all diff rates and everything and ive only managed to get my choke down to 40ish area it goes to 0 if nothings going on but once u get moving it jumps up to 40ish area ahh its so lame! :(

1) Is your choke the same on multiple servers (say 4+), or just one?

2) Go to Speakeasy - Speed Test and do the speed test. Select the location closest to you. Make sure you are not using the internet at all on your network before selecting a location. Let me know the download speed and upload speed when you're done.

yes on all servers my choke is about the same nice and high

and heres that test result
Download Speed: 4494 kbps (561.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 385 kbps (48.1 KB/sec transfer rate

Try "rate 10000" because i use 20000 for my rate, and my download speeds are upwards of 18000Kbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom