CS:S, how much fps do you really need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I also think gaming mice are highly overrated. The PC-enthusiast market is getting saturated in 'gaming-culture' gimmicks, and 'gaming' keyboards and mice, the way I see it, are overkill. The only thing is they may sometimes look cool, but as far as performance, it's not like gamers are some super Olympic athletes who needs aerodynamic suits or perfectly formed pairs of running shoes.

You are very wrong. You have either never owned a good gaming mouse, or you've only ever owned a gaming mouse.

Once you go from oldschool crappy optical to awesome laser mouse like the G5, it's just amazing! I use my G5 on highest sensitivity (2000DPI) and I am still very accurate with it. With other mice, I have to turn sensitivity down because they just aren't as good. Not as precise, smooth, responsive...etc.

Gaming mice are so much better than just regular cheap mice. I'm not so sure about keyboards...I can't see why any keyboard would be better than another keyboard, it's just a simple matter of pushing a key. The only thing I can see is maybe ghosting and lower latency.

I have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard...not sure if you would call that a "gaming keyboard", but I can't really see much difference over others for gaming.

You are very wrong. You have either never owned a good gaming mouse, or you've only ever owned a gaming mouse.

Once you go from oldschool crappy optical to awesome laser mouse like the G5, it's just amazing! I use my G5 on highest sensitivity (2000DPI) and I am still very accurate with it. With other mice, I have to turn sensitivity down because they just aren't as good. Not as precise, smooth, responsive...etc.

Gaming mice are so much better than just regular cheap mice. I'm not so sure about keyboards...I can't see why any keyboard would be better than another keyboard, it's just a simple matter of pushing a key. The only thing I can see is maybe ghosting and lower latency.

I have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard...not sure if you would call that a "gaming keyboard", but I can't really see much difference over others for gaming.

Well, I dunno, I feel a regular mouse has been responsive enough for me. Although, I should really correct my remarks about 'professional' gaming being taken seriously, it should be, I mean, there's plenty of money involved and being good at certain games does in fact require hand/eye coordination skills. So I guess investing a good gaming mouse is essential, although, I would definitely not pay $80+ for one. Maybe $50 at most. Comfort is an issue too if you're playing for a long time.

But yeah, 'gaming' keyboards just seem so useless. I mean the gaming keyboards such as this one:

world_of_warcraft_keyboard_for_burning_crusade.jpg

or this:

3027.jpg

The Saitek Eclipse is more of a 'computer-bling' keyboard, a sexy one at that :D

But I'd prefer a standard, "non-Internet-shortcut-buttons"-black keyboard and a decently priced gaming mouse maybe. I was actually considering the OCZ Equalizer because it's so cheap and at 2500 dpi, it's better than the G5's 2000, and I guess it'll be a lot better than the current $10 Logitech optical that I have atm.

i have a razer copperhead that i use on my laptop and i love it and will never use anything else for gaming. its so responsive and quick that you can really "zone" in on that mix of precision and responsiveness. i confused the best buy guy when i went to get mine xD and i got mine for 60 and haven't thought twice about it.

i agree.. gaming mice is a neccesity for an FPS Gamer.. but a Gamer's Keyboard seem like hype to me... a good ole' 6$ keyboard is enough for me

i tottally agree, my friend was using a trackball mouse for the longest time... he got his g7 or something, all i know it was a gameing mouse and cost him $140 and he was amazing, i swore he downloaded hacks.

keyboard though.. as long as ur keys work i cant see any huge advantage.

Maybe if someone fixed the ****ing hit boxes?!?!?!? Even if you fiddle with your rates and tweak the server you still dont have to lead people as you would in BF2 for example. Plus the fact everyone sprays but then again if it works so good, why not? Someone needs to take Source graphics and merge it with 1.6 physics. I love shooting through walls! Lol

On topic, I like to get atleast 60 fps maxed out but that never happens so I take what I can get and do the best with what I got.

all 1.6 players complain about spray in source... but if your good with rifles then you should be able to 1 ak someone or 2 m4 with a helmet someone easily whereas the sprayer will just waste half a clip of time tryign to kill u. Long range spray is useless with the exception of the m4 sometimes.

And if its an smg... your suppoused to spray derner.......

and if its a machine gun... ive seen people do crazy things with machine guns and it doesnt involve spraying... they dink people wiht it hard core cause the first shot is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom