Crysis Maxed out, is this it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacki

Solid State Member
Hey guys.

I recently put Crysis Warhead on the highest settings (all enthusiast, 8x AA @ 1280x1024) and it looks so ugly compared to what I've seen on YT and screenshots. I refer to this and this and alot of other YT vids. I've got no mods or anything, mine looks like this (screenshot).

Here are my system specs:
PhenomII 945 @ 3GHz
XFX HD4890 1GB
Corsair 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
Corsair TX650W
Windows 7 Ult 64bit
DirectX 11 (though the game runs on DX10 :eek: )

Am I doing something wrong or is that all I can get?

Yea my screen shots probably look in the middle of yours and the other one :\

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ekp28n.jpg

that's a pic of the water...no trees/grass in it though :\

one of my biggest issues with it is...there is a lot of "popping" in the game. like every step you take you can see the terrain popping up :| highly annoying :|

Yeah, that looks about right. Is that from the beginning of the game? To me, the beginning of the game doesn't look quite as good the bits farther on. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it just seems this way to me.

I need to play this game again. Both WH and the original.

Those screens look about right. Where you'll really see a difference is in broad day shots, where the lighting is shining on the leaves and stuff, not from underneath the canopy.

Yea my screen shots probably look in the middle of yours and the other one :\

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ekp28n.jpg

that's a pic of the water...no trees/grass in it though :\

one of my biggest issues with it is...there is a lot of "popping" in the game. like every step you take you can see the terrain popping up :| highly annoying :|

Mine "pops" alot too! I mean I see little plants appearing when I am around one hummer-length away from them. And a sandbag changes texture like 4 times til I'm right infront of it. I'll try to show what it's like. And the sun area is really bright. But guys, how can these guys in these videos get it so good looking?
Btw you have some nice dark shadows, I'll go to that point and see what it looks like.

I don't see what the problem is, your screenshot looks pretty good to me. And how are you on dx11, that vid card is not capable?

your resolution is pretty low, games always look better on high resolutions.

Not to mention there is alot of modding you can do to the files of crysis for graphic improvements and there are conversion mods.

your resolution is pretty low, games always look better on high resolutions.

Not to mention there is alot of modding you can do to the files of crysis for graphic improvements and there are conversion mods.

Thanks for the tip, I tried the Lifesis mod, it looks even better now. Screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom