Crysis AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thing is KMAN is that I've never experienced AI like this in the game... the AI I've actually experienced is much smarter.

Either this guy used some modified cvars or...

if you notice, the video was added October 29, 2007, so he must have recorded this off the pre-release demo.. but even then I don't remember the AI being this stupid. I think your really have to go out of your way to actually get the AI to act like this without any modification to any AI configuration.

KMAN, what do you think have great AI? (And please don't tell me CoD4)

CoD4.

Maybe the fact that i just shot someone in the face with a silencer in the middle of a cmap in view and because i had my silencer on they all ran off to look for me, o except one guy he walked into the middle and fired a flare.

Thats just crap.

Cod4 has no AI. Just a bunch of bots that run after you and try to kill you. It's a linear game and so is the AI. They are programed only to do one thing, kill. They don't search for you, they accidentally run into you and are programed to kill you when they see you.

And you know what, it works ? why, because it was scripted by PEOPLE. People with real intelligence... people do the work so the 'AI' doesn't have to, and it does a much much better job. And it should.

It's not entirely scripted though..

Im not sure what your on about, but i'm pretty sure when one enemy meets its own enemy it tries to kill them... what kind of a statement is that 'programed to kill', what do you want them to do have a big bubble party and then ambush us ?

And you know what, it works ? why, because it was scripted by PEOPLE. People with real intelligence... people do the work so the 'AI' doesn't have to, and it does a much much better job. And it should.

It's not entirely scripted though..

Im not sure what your on about, but i'm pretty sure when one enemy meets its own enemy it tries to kill them... what kind of a statement is that 'programed to kill', what do you want them to do have a big bubble party and then ambush us ?
Well, I guess what I mean is that the game is so linear that the AI has no other option but to charge you head on and just shoot at you. They don't split up and search for you or tell the others when they have spotted you.

AI is supposed to take the kind of actions people would take, hence the name artificial intelligence. Scripted games don't use much AI, as the bad guys do the same thing every time.

Enough of the bashing, KMAN. You're starting to sound like the local anti-360 troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom