Creating a partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
Can I create a partition on my current C Drive so that I can back up files to incase I have to do a full destructive restore and I am not able to back up my files? What I want to be able to do is to create a partition on my C drive which will then be a separate drive which I can use to back up files to and if i need to re -install windows the new partition that I create will not be affected by the restore. I will only be able to create a partition while my operatings system is being used not from a fresh, if you know what I mean.

Thanks a lot hefemeister you are a real fountain of knowledge.

-EDIT-

Which file do I download if I just want to run it in windows? Some of them are not completing downloading and I think it's because I may be selecting the wrng file.

Because it's against the rules, and there's an edit button you can use instead.

This is the third time I've had to merge your posts and each time, I have told you to stop doing it. Next time will be an infraction. Okay?

because it is a rule.

4) No Spamming
Spamming is a broad term. Spamming includes unauthorized advertising, unproductive and useless posting, post-padding, empty posts, referral and associate links, pyramid schemes, etc.

Along similar lines, do not "double post". Double posting is making another post directly after a post of your own. The edit window for member posts is 24 hours, so any post within this time frame should be edited into the earlier post. While there may be case by case exceptions to this, such as new information or a price drop in a Buy/Sell/Trade thread, for the most part double posting is not allowed. Double (or multiple) postings will be either merged by the mod staff, or simply deleted. Since double posting is also form of spam, warnings and/or infractions may accompany this action.

Along with this, post in the right forum. Any member with 40 or fewer posts trying to learn the site and where things belong will just have their thread moved to the proper area and advice given. If you have more than 40 posts your thread can be deleted without warning and if it continues to happen a infraction given.

Computer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Rules, News and Announcements

I have downloaded this software and started running it, but after it asks me what video card I have and I type in ati it then tells me that the x server cannot be found and it cannot connect to the server or something, where am i going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom