CPU? Whatever else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm...I dunno. I have a total about $1930 ($1500+whatever taxes from my parents, the rest provided by myself) in my budget right now.

ABIT KN8 Ultra - $99.99
X2 4400+ - $500 (might save myself $100 by getting the 4200+ Manchester)
eVGA GeForce 7800GT (the N516) $299.99
OCZ 2GB - $243

That's about $1145 already without a PSU added in.

How's this PSU?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103926

Has 17A and 18A for 35A total.

EDIT: If I were to try to build this all by myself, would you guys be kind enough to guide me through it? As well as telling me what else I need to order?

Especially the case. I was looking at the Antec P180, which seems to be perfect with the Antec Phantom 500. The description seems to make it fit the KN8 Ultra too. But some of the reviews on NewEgg said they had trouble fitting the heatsink for the CPU in or something. Would the heatsinks X2 4400+ or 4200+ fit fine?

The guy that helped me out last time is down at UCLA right now so he won't be able to help me this time.

Wow, you got a great budget to work with there, DemonChaosXS! That is a good total on the 12v. By the looks of the components you chose its obvious you've done your homework. The Antec P180 is an excellent case. I suggest you go over to PC Guide forums. They helped me out a lot. They even have a great free guide on how to build your PC.

Also, you might want to check out www.hardocp.com and see if they have a review on your motherboard. It certainly helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom