CPU Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see explorer making my CPU max out to 100%. Which I been seeing on Task Manager. But I did just try Counter-Strike Source that game I was speaking of, and it seemed to run fine, it did feel a bit sluggish... but that could have been the Process Explorer running in background... and when I ran game, it got a constant 50% usage on my CPU, so that didn't hurt it at all. Now I'm starting to wander if it is even the CPU. But when I did leave the game, I tried to open up Explorer, and it froze on it instantly. I don't see anything else going way up and down.

When I ran the Memtest in Bios the other day, it quoted a Single Channel... when infact the two sticks are duel channels, and my mother board supports duel channel. And it's been running fine, up untill several days ago. But I don't see how that could be the problem, as even if it wasn't running in Duel Channel, 2 gigs is still quite a bit of power.

Ok I was off PC for awhile, came back to get on... that red busy signal light was blinking (samething I mentioned earlier), like the PC was doing something, but there was nothing running. I turned off all automaticly hibernates, the automatic Monitor sleep (the other day). So PC was just sitting idle on Desktop. Weird, never seen this before the problems started. So this means something is running, and I can't see it or find it... or it may be that a piece of Hardware is struggling to operate? One more thing to mention about on the Task Manager, I see this "System Idle Process" running at usually 90% to 100% when idle... I looked up this program the other day, I found out it's just something for Windows to know you are just idleing, and it just counter-acts with other programs running (like if you have something running using 30% of the CPU, the idle would say 70%), that's why I haven't mentioned it.

I turned on my HP printer, and blue sceen appeared again, here's the code it gave me.

0x0000007F
(0x00000008, 0xB8338D70, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Website to Microsoft on what code means: General causes of "STOP 0x0000007F" errors

I'm gonna try swapping to my old 1 Gig - 512mb x2 ram sticks when I wake up. The sticks might be faulty, I've had them for several months now, they are not that old. I sure hope it isn't Motherboard or CPU (cause I don't have none sitting around), even though I've been planning on getting a new MB and CPU, could be my excuse to actually buy them now, lol. Or it could be just a driver, you'll find the information on that Microsoft website, under Double Fault, bottom of page, you'll see it could just be a driver. Maybe after I try swapping ram sticks, if they don't fix it, try uninstalling MB, GPC, and CPU drivers and then reinstall drivers. I'll wait to see what you say on drivers, but I think I'll try the ram sticks, first thing when I wake up.

I tried repairing Windows... now during setup of Devices, it ask me to locate several drivers... which I found the first two: idecoi.dll (which was on my EVGA GPU CD), and ctac32k.sys (which I found on my Creative Sound Card CD).

The next one I couldn't find, even though it told me it was on my Creative CD as well: haP17v2k.sys (couldn't find it).

Is there a way to just re-install my MotherBoard using my MB disk? And then just completely re-installing my Windows XP Pro, without reformatting? I'm on another PC, typing this post, sorry for the late reply, but I been trying to get my original PC Windows back up.

Well thanks, but I already reformatted lastnight... I backuped my files to another Hard Drive on another PC, then just completely reformatted my HD... now I'm up and running smoothly again. nLite sounds like the right program I was thinking about getting, cause I was thinking lastnight, there has to be a way I can burn my Windows XP Pro with all the updated drivers I needed, so I don't have to re-install all those drivers from the net again. Well I thought of that, cause it took me hours to install those drivers.

Thanks Again,
Joshua aka LuDawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom