CPU OPERATING AT 100 C!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the very late reply, I've been very busy.

dqr5lw.jpg

What temp is it at? Click the sensor tab.

I'm not sure on how to do the gpu/heatsink on An fx5500. Basically you have to pop off the heatsink and repaste it... but it might not be possible to do though.

If your cpu temp is still at 90-100C then that's your problem and we need to address it and not the video card. While your video card may also have a problem we need to worry about it second as your cpu temperature problem may be the causing the video to act faulty.

If you re-applied the Thermal Paste and your temperatures are still hot then either:
(1) the paste isn't evenly applied or the heatsink is not attached correctly
(2) the heatsink/fan assembly is defective
(3) the motherboard's thermal sensor is defective or
(4) the cpu is defective

I would buy a new heatsink and fan assembly. If that doesn't fix your problem then you would be best off buying a new PC as the cost of replacing your old / obsolete / no longer manufactured hardware will cost almost as much as a new low-budget replacement.

I would help you find a replacement heatsink but we need to know more than it's a Packard Bell with an Intel Processor.

It doesn't show any temps. And I've found out the CPU issue... there was a clog of dust between the fan and heatsink which I didn't noice (tempatures are at 60c now)... but the no signal problem still remains... I'm guessing it's my graphics card.

No video signal i'm assuming. Have you pulled the card out and reseated it? if it's not fully in it wouldn't work. Is there any beeping when you boot up? You can also try reseating the memory.

Try flashing your BIOS with the latest version. I have seem some motherboard report some temps that should mean that the CPU should be on fire. However they were fixed with a later version of the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom