Could i add a network card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Could i add a network card to this PC that i will be buying? We have a DSL Connection (100 Mbps) on our downstairs computer. We recently had new cable put into our house and they upgraded our internet and they took out the old DSL box and now we have a box on the wall with a ethernet cable plugged into it. I Want to split the downstairs connection and run 2 connections for 2 computers. Mine and the Main one. Here's the site where im buying the computer from and the details about it.. Is it compatible using a 2 way Connection/router?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3946852

First: Your internet is not 100MBps, that is your network. Unless you are plugged into some sort of satelite, there is absolutely no way you would be able to get that sort of speed.
Second: I don't really understand what you want to do. If you want to put a network card in, that is definitely possible (As long as you have a spare slot on your motherboard to lodge it)

I Think that is our speed.. Look at the picture i attached..

Attachments

• internet.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 17
That is the speed of the connection to the box on the wall. The Internet speed is actually much slower.

But yes you could add a network card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom