Core Temp Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanggz

Beta member
I'm using core temp to monitor my temps. I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Quad Core, and on core temp, each Freq ( Freq #1, Freq #2, Freq #3 etc) Used to show 800MHZ each and idled at 45 degrees. Now each frequency says 3200.74 MHZ and idling at 60 degrees. Can anyone tell me whats wrong, or how to fix this? :S

Well it was downclocking to stay cool, amd cool'n quiet.

Go check the power settings and see if its been changed.

Also make sure you are idling, as cool n quiet kicks the cpu down at idle.

Well it was downclocking to stay cool, amd cool'n quiet.

Go check the power settings and see if its been changed.

Also make sure you are idling, as cool n quiet kicks the cpu down at idle.

Ohhhh Cool'n'quiet was disabled, should I enable it?

You have to let the machine rest.

AMD Cool'n'Quiet Technology

It isnt just going to automatically kick on and reduce the power and temp when idle. It has to stay idle for more than a few minutes. It wasnt even a half hour between your posts. Did you let the machine go into standby mode? Did you let your screen saver come on? If not then the machine still thinks it needs the extra power.

You have to let the machine rest.

AMD Cool'n'Quiet Technology

It isnt just going to automatically kick on and reduce the power and temp when idle. It has to stay idle for more than a few minutes. It wasnt even a half hour between your posts. Did you let the machine go into standby mode? Did you let your screen saver come on? If not then the machine still thinks it needs the extra power.

Yeah I think youre right, I re applied my heatsink, and put the setting in the epu program to "auto" and now it idles at 39 with the freq's going at 800MHZ, and running heavy loads at 3200MHZ each

So i think its all fixed now, thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom