Copyright photos on the net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. I thought it was a difficult thing to be done, and you clarified a few things. The pictures that I didn't want downloaded were from a bunch of parties that we had. We look retarded in many of them and there are some incriminating pics that can be used against other people, so I was trying to find out how I could put up the pics for everyone to see without worrying about them downloading them easily to use them for other purposes.

The Celebrity photo website has a good idea.... I knew it was only javascript, and itsn't really a good protection, but for my friends who only know how to hover their mouse over the picture and then click the disk to save the picture, this protection would be good enough. Anyone out there have a code similar to what is on the Celebrity website? Thanks a bunch. I know it's easy to get around it, especially with printscreen, but these people (or 95% of them) won't even think of it. If they can't download it, they won't bother trying to find a solution. :)

Draxy,

Here is the script[No right click]. Just copy and paste it.

<!-- TWO STEPS TO INSTALL NO RIGHT CLICK:

1. Copy the coding into the HEAD of your HTML document
2. Add the last code into the BODY of your HTML document -->

<HEAD>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1">

<!-- Begin
function right(e) {
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' &&
(e.which == 3 || e.which == 2))
return false;
else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' &&
(event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) {
alert("Sorry, you do not have permission to right click.");
return false;
}
return true;
}

document.onmousedown=right;
document.onmouseup=right;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEUP);
window.onmousedown=right;
window.onmouseup=right;
// End -->
</script>
</HEAD>

<BODY>

<center>[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

tjsbutton.gif

Text Link

<center>
<font face="arial, helvetica" size="-2">Free JavaScripts provided

by The JavaScript Source</font>
</center>

Sign
Codes:)

Thanks Intercodes -> That worked for the right click, but when you hover the mouse over the picture, the disk still appears and allows a user to save the picture. Do you have something that can disable that feature? :) Thanks again

Demalii, I realize that print screen will allow someone to have a copy of the picture, but it's not as easy, and the people who visit the site won't think of it or it's too much of a pain for them.

Thanks for all your help again guys. I did some more googling and found a site that gave me this code:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

It disabled the save image toolbar which would pop up if someone hovered their mouse over the picture. This and the other code will do fine for what I was looking for. Thanks again to all for their input.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom