Contests... 365s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
I'm thinkin' we need some contests and/or challenges up in here. :eek::freak:

For instance, a 365 is you MUST use your camera every day and post the shot. Goes with the "Practice makes perfect". Also, we could just do simple competitions. For example, "sense of smell" and all pics entered must represet the photographer's representation of smell. The picture is voted on and a winner is chosen.

I'm not sure there could be much in the way of prizes , but still fun to do. I do it on some other photography forums.

I'd be willing to help out to get this section "movin".

Kinda like what JPG does when you submit photos for a certain category and people vote on them, winners get in the mag. Nifty idea. Not sure what we could do for prizes either, but you're right on the fun part.

Haha sorry i'm a lil absent minded today....mmm the thing that goes under your avatar...above the location yours says "Sound Engineer"

just something simple...like "winner of such and such contest blah blah blah"

a 52 or once a week shot works good as well for some days you just do not have the time or inspiration to get a shot.

well, the point of a 365 is for serious people to really practice. It's like piano... practice everyday and, playing Chopin is nothing.

I'm not saying we have to, because it's hard work keeping a 365 up. I think a 52 week would be cool and easier to do. Have the week start on a sunday and image is due saturday at 11:59pm. Usually, you get people to "sign-up" for a 52 week commitment. Those that didn't sign up would have to wait until next challenge begins (or just do another challenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom