Constant high pitched noise on Headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehotdog5

Baseband Member
I keep getting this on and off high pitched noise on my Headphones. It's a Turtle Beach Earforce x11 (link)

I couldn't find a good audio hosting site so I made an unlisted video on youtube so you can hear what it sounds like. This is what it sounds like with the volume way up.

It does this constantly as long as they're plugged the audio cable is plugged in. It's bearable if I'm doing something like browsing youtube or playing computer games, otherwise I have to turn it all the way down or take off the headphones completely. It just started doing this too, I'm not sure why, I didn't make any changes to the sound configuration.

Sounds like interference.

Plug them into a different source, such as a phone or cd player and see if you get the same issue.

I had a similar sound on mine before and it was because I had my headphones plugged into the front audio port. The internals of my computer caused some kind of interference or maybe it was just a bad quality case, but plugging my headphones into the back audio port which goes directly to the mobo fixed the sound issue for me.

So where do you have them plugged into, the front or the back? And if it is the back then maybe there is still interference.

I had a similar sound on mine before and it was because I had my headphones plugged into the front audio port. The internals of my computer caused some kind of interference or maybe it was just a bad quality case, but plugging my headphones into the back audio port which goes directly to the mobo fixed the sound issue for me.

So where do you have them plugged into, the front or the back? And if it is the back then maybe there is still interference.
I had them plugged in the front, but then I moved them to the back. No high pitched noise anymore. But I switch between headphones and speakers a lot, and having to crouch underneath the computer desk to swap them out is a bit of a hassle. So I moved it to the front again, and I have no more white noise. :/

I had them plugged in the front, but then I moved them to the back. No high pitched noise anymore. But I switch between headphones and speakers a lot, and having to crouch underneath the computer desk to swap them out is a bit of a hassle. So I moved it to the front again, and I have no more white noise. :/

Haha, well... problem solved?

If you do happen to get the problem again you can get some kind of audio extension cord (I have one, it came with some DJ headphones that I got ages ago) and then just have it within reach for switching out your headphones and speakers. Or some kind of other solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom