Constant disconnects with new modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
I recently purchased a SmartOne cable modem. Im running it through USB port because for some reason my ethernet doesnt work, on any modem. I am constantly getting disconnected both on this modem and my old modem. To be able to reconnect i have to go into my network connections, right click the connection, disable it, and then re-enable it in order for it to work again. Any ideas on how to fix it? Hopefully someone has some ideas :confused: .

Wow, it could be a lot of things. Possible driver issues, ISP or network issues.
If you have a good ISP I would call their tech support and see if they can help you troubleshoot it.

Also, why are you connecting it via USB? I would strongly recommend using a LAN connection. USB is always the less preferred method as it eats up a bit more of the cpu and can lead to bandwidth loss.
Try connecting it using your LAN - onboard or through a card.
I bet that would solve most of your problems.

i try to connect through ethernet, doesnt work. not quite sure if im doing something or what, if anyone has step by step procedure, i could tell you if im doing what im supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom