connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

newNooBDuDe

Solid State Member
i have been having issues lately with my router. it seems that everytime i try to connect to my router i don't get a signal but when i connect to airport express which is connected to my router i get internet. does anyone know anything about this issue

Are you trying to connect to your router wirelessly? What model router do you have? Do you get an IP Address assigned?

yes its a netgear wireless router wgr614 v10 and it has assigned ip, but when it asks for my password it always say it could not connect or connection timeout. Even when it could connect it would continously open up the password login screen

What encryption do you have set on the router? It's possible that the machine you're trying to connect with might not support that encryption, or might need to be configured to support it first.
For now, try changing the encryption to something simple, or remove it entirely. Just for testing purposes. If you can connect with no encryption, then enable the most basic encryption available. If that works, try the next level and so on.

As I said before, I'd say it's most likely incompatibility between the router and your wireless card/stick/etc on the client machine.

i tried it with no encryption and still could not connect. how exactly could i fix simply if not effectively the compatabiity issue between the router and wireless card on the client machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom