Connecting Two Inputs to my 5.1 PC System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcolm333

Beta member
Okay, this is kind of hard to explain so i've provided a link to a picture of my system that will allow you guys to understand it easier. I'm kind of stuck on this so any info you could give me would be great. http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2108/subsetup1as8.jpg

I recently bought a Logitech Z-5300E 5.1 surround sound system for my PC. It features a new "Matrix Mode" which allows me to connect a stereo source (DVD Player) and it will emulate 5.1 surround sound with it. The system came with an adaptor to do this. However, the problem I'm having is that I can't connect my PC and my DVD Player at the same time. It's kind of a pain having to switch them on the back of the sub all the time. If you look at the provided picture there are three 3.5mm plugs that go from my computer to the sub to provide the real 5.1 sound. Only the green one is used when I plug in a DVD player to "emulate" the 5.1. What I would like to do is somehow "split" the green plug so I can connect both the stereo adapter and the plug from my PC. I don't want to lose any audio quality though so I have been told to go with an Audio switch opposed to a splitter. I have no idea what to buy though all I can find are ones that will switch stereo sources, not 3.5mm plugs. Does anyone know? I don't want to damage the system or degrade the quality. If possible I'd like to hook a satellite reciever up as well as the DVD Player and PC. This would involve splitting it 3 times or using a "3" switch.

Would using something like this reduce the quality or send to much to the sub and possibly break it? http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...origkw=Splitter&kw=splitter&parentPage=search

go to radio shack and buy this thing behind my 2 ipods. it's an audio video switcher

100_1962.jpg

i gave my 3rd generation to my son last year. I'm giving my my 4th gen picture ipod to my daugther for xmas. I upgrade from that with a 60 gig video ipod

pRS1C-2326421_rshalt1_dt.jpg

you can find them at radio shack they use 1/8th headphone wires from 2 sources and you can switch btwn the two theres no rca wire which i think is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom