Confused as to why phone says insufficient storage available

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I am wanting to install Titanium Backup ★ root on my rooted Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. I keep getting a insufficient storage message when I try, both from the Play store and sideloading it.

My phone says I have I have 779MB system storage available (in Settings) and 82MB of available RAM (in Samsung's Task manager). According to this I should have plenty of room for a 5.8MB app.

WTF is going on here?

What about in /data?

Since you're rooted, have you tried clearing your /cache & dalvik cache partitions?

Can you install anything else?

Last edited:
Go under system>applications ot manage applications. What does it zhow at the bottom. There should be a bar graph at the bottom. I know that I had this issue before. Just removed a couple less used apps. But first would like to know what kind of space it says you can have.

While I can have up to 2GB of installed apps, it yells at me when I have more than 1.8GB of installed stuff.

Last but not least how many apps do you have installed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tech & Computer Forums Mobile App

This now a moot point. I wiped the phone and exchanged it for a Samsung Centura.

Maybe, but maybe not. With having only 4GB of internal storage, that means that there is only about ~2GB of space for use for personal stuff. Taking away the system reserved stuff. So that means that they probably have it limited to ~1GB of space for app installs. I would still check under the Application area in settings to see how much space they give for app installs. As it can prove to be a hindrance at some point if you find to many good apps to use.

I will be moving everything to the SD card that can be moved. Hopefully that will get me through.

Another thing to try, go into Settings>Applications. See what apps can be moved to the SD Card and move them. *NOTE* This will remove any widgets that the app can do though.

That will clear up free space for other apps. I just moved a bunch of apps and went from 300MB to almost a full GB of free space on my device for apps that can be installed.

Back
Top Bottom