Confused about monthly usage on broadband w/e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Before I start my rant.. I apologize in advance if this doesn't belong here and if a kind mod can move it if it doesn't. Thank you:D

Okay, my current broadband provider is AOL, I'm on the £24 a month deal for 2 mb/s which is fast but I'm paying a ridiculous amount [all the additional stuff I get like free additional music on aol music and all that stuff I don't even need] It states that I have unlimited usage. For one, what does this mean? Whenever I surf the net do I use up like 1 MB or whatever, I'm really confused. I'm thinking of moving to a cheaper provider which is giving the same price for 8meg/s but with like a usage limit once I get what the usage means.

Thank you

The usage limit means that you only get to download that much in a month.

Surfing online is actually downloading, as your computer is downloading to information and images of the sites you visit. Add to that any music, videos, games, or programs you download.

Going to a service with a usage cap can work, but you have to watch to make sure you don't exceed your cap.

Ah right okay. Since I have 2 pcs [one main. one connected through it through wireless] will they both count together?

EDIT: One more question - Will I need to get a broadband with a wireless broadband deal? Or will just a normal one work as some providers mention wireless broadband whilst others doesn't

yes they will both add up together your broadband usage. You can sometimes break the cap but not excessively they only care about heavy downloaders.

Wireless deals from ISP`s normally means they throw in a router and stuff, all you need is a wireless router connect it to your modem via Ethernet port and it should be ok. Make sure to call your ISP to confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom