Configure a Server and Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsector2001

Baseband Member
Hi me again!!

Can anyone help me how to configure a server and client in the following OS?

Windows 98
Windows 98 SE
Windows ME
Windows XP HE
Windows XP Pro

Any help is appreciated... Thanks and God Bless!!!

Client server in what respect? File sharring? like a Domain? define client server and ill maybe be able to help you better

A domain...

File and printing sharing.....

Internet Connection Sharing.....

Thanks hope you can help me!! God Bless

you dont need a domain for file & print sharing and ICS. Why do you want a domain? You could use it as a file & proxy server, but i don't see the need unless you have 5 or more nodes.

your question is too vague. If you ask a serious question instead of asking for tons of different broad questions at once you would get a real answer.

sorry for the unclear questions!!!

I really wanted to know which of the OS are good in networking!!
someone told me that Windows XP Pro is the best....

But I don't know if it is good in online gaming and LAN games....

Sorry..!!!

well, just to brush the domain out of the picture.....none of those operating systems can be a domain controller. so, they would be all clients in a domain environment. anywho....so, it seems though that you just want to have a local network at your house? someone else's house? xp pro will probably be your best choice for gaming in general and gaming on LANs.

exactly I wanted to have a local network in my house.. I have 11 computers.... someone advice that windows ME is not good in networking... and I'm experiencing lots of problems in ME like the browser is always crashing down even though I'm still connected to the internet... DSL... but I updated my browser to 6.0 IE... maybe I'm just going to change my OS Windows XP PRO right?

personally, i'd want to put more ram in the machine.

from http://www.pcserv.net/tc_windows-xp-upgrade.html

Tasks To Do Before The Upgrade

First, and foremost, you have to compare the specs of each PC to Microsoft's recommended specs for a PC that is capable of running Windows XP. (Note: Microsoft lists recommended and minimum specs. We recommend using the recommended specs as the minimum feasible specs for a Windows XP PC.) Here are the Microsoft recommended specs for a Windows XP PC:

PC with 300 Mhz clock speed or higher. This means that the PC needs at least an Intel Pentium or Celeron, or an AMD K6, Athlon or Duron with a speed of 300 Mhz or more.

128 megabytes (MB) of RAM

1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space

Super VGA (800 x 600 resolution) or higher video card and monitor

CD Drive

Keyboard and mouse

If you have a PC that doesn't meet these specs in one or more areas, then it is not a candidate for upgrading to Windows XP - unless you can first upgrade its hardware to meet the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom