Computer Stops itself, Need to unplug then able to Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your system still rebooting?

A week ago when I bought , it never halted. Span of self shutdown period was quite long prior to ComboFix and I thought it may work but as I came back after lil sleep I found it was shutdown itself after couple of hours working.

I believe last week I tried to update itunes and when I didn't get any update link, I just tried to re-install 2nd copy of iTunes but it failed and even I failed to listen thousands of iTunes other files. Later neither it can be removed/uninstalled nor updated nor re-installed and I think system halt/frequqent shutdown is started after this odd behavior.

Can you check Combo Log, I failed to stop McCafe as was suggested by ComboFix as toolbar/it's screen was disappearing the next moment I was clicking. Ultimately I took the risk to run it alongside McCafe. While I was posting event log in another quick reply, it shutdown without hitting on save or submit, I am posting rest of reply from other system. I will post few event logs shortly. They are pertaining to

Service Control manager
DCOM
McCafe restarted

These are just few events during last session:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7036
Date: 28/06/2009
Time: 5:58:04 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ALEXANDRE
Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service entered the running state.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Print
Event ID: 19
Time: 5:57:02 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Sharing printer failed + 1722, Printer Lexmark X1100 Series share name Printer.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Event Source: EventLog
Event ID: 6005
Time: 5:56:39 PM
Description:
The Event log service was started.

Event Source: EventLog
Event ID: 6009
Time: 5:56:39 PM
Description:
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 2 Uniprocessor Free.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7036
Time: 5:29:21 PM
Description:
The HTTP SSL service entered the running state.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: crypt32
Event ID: 8
Date: 27/06/2009
Time: 2:13:19 PM
Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This network connection does not exist.

--------------
Event Source: McLogEvent
Event ID: 5000
Time: 6:19:55 PM
Description:
McShield service started.
Engine version : 5301.4018
DAT version : 5656.0000

Number of signatures in EXTRA.DAT : None
Names of threats that EXTRA.DAT can detect : None

-----------------

Event Source: SecurityCenter
Event ID: 1800
Time: 6:19:27 PM
Description:
The Windows Security Center Service has started.

-------------------------

Event Type: Success Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Privilege Use
Event ID: 576
Time: 6:21:06 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Description:
Special privileges assigned to new logon:
User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
Privileges: SeAuditPrivilege
SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege

--------------------

Event Type: Success Audit
Event Category: Policy Change
Event ID: 858
Time: 6:20:32 PM
Description:
Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied.

----------------

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Category: Policy Change
Event ID: 615
Date: 26/06/2009
Time: 12:51:46 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Description:
IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

---------------

Event Source: Winlogon
Event ID: 1002
Time: 3:23:52 PM
Description:
The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.

--------------

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1517
Date: 25/06/2009
Time: 11:47:13 PM
Description:
Windows saved user ALEXANDRE\Jose Sanhueza registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

-------------
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: crypt32
Event ID: 6
Date: 24/06/2009
Time: 4:16:32 AM
Description:
Reached crypt32 threshold of 50 events and will suspend logging for 60 minutes

If you have a multimeter, please check out your PSU with it, because I'm 95% sure that is your problem. Also if its only a week old, you might be able to get a replacement if you complain about it

Do you have a spare power supply?

Have u seen Combo-Hijack log. Its stable since last night, I don't know what causes freqent breakdowns.
Moreover events error cover only when CPU starts working , so its hard to know what's the real source of shutting down.
I have just a voltage detector to give a tone but It can't measure it.
I have power supply taken from other machines, too.

Sure have

You should disable all items under msconfig>startup except the antivirus and reboot.

Then Stop and Disable any McAfee Server under services.msc

And McAfee is uninstalled correct?

Sure have

You should disable all items under msconfig>startup except the antivirus and reboot.

My system once again halted after little session so I think as soon as we start work, its shutting down all of a sudden within few minutes from 5 to 18 minutes.
I will post reply of what u asking later. McCafe still activated and doing job. Please share combo log review/analysis, too.

I have dsiabled all, rebooted. It was just msn which was ticked under startup. For Services, Access is denied to stop McCafe Scanner as its local, can you tell me how to login as ADMIN? Other McCafe services were already disabled, there.

Thanks

As long as I didn't touch mouse/keypad, it was stable but may shutdown if I will start work on this machine as happening.

Sure have

Can u pls analyze combo log?

I did when you first posted it. Dont see anything that would relate to rebooting. It did delete some files which I stated earlier but that didnt make a difference.

You need to try a new power supply before we go any further so we can rule that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom