Computer Name Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I work at a large corporation in the I.T. Department. I was wondering if there is a easy way for some software or Active Directory I could use to look up the computer name that an employee is logged into? I tried going through My Network Places, but there is so many computers and its hard to find the specific user.

Thanks!

The only Symantec product we have is Symantec Endpoint Protection.. Is there any free stuff I could use or...??

Thanks!

Endpoint will do the same thing. Just open the management console on the endpoint server. It should tell you all clients and who is logged in, IP and computer name.

With PStools you can do it, I think that the program name is PSloggedOn.exe into the PStools package. You can find it here: PsTools and there is a description of this free tools.
Good Luck!

Hello. I work at a large corporation in the I.T. Department. I was wondering if there is a easy way for some software or Active Directory I could use to look up the computer name that an employee is logged into? I tried going through My Network Places, but there is so many computers and its hard to find the specific user.

Thanks!

If you work for a large corporation they will have various ADDM (Active Directory Domain Controllers). Login to the ADDM, open up AD Users and Computers and look under Computers. It should show you the computers logged in at the time and what users are logged in. If not, I would recommend doing some research in setting that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom