Computer Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasemoid

Solid State Member
Hi,
i was wondering if any of you have ever had this problem, im not sure if its a virus or what.

I logon to my user and it stays at the message "Loading personal settings" or whatever. Then on the odd time it does logon everythign is very slow and some things dont work. i cant start any programs.

i know this isnt just my ram or anything like that because my fathers computer downstairs seems to be infected with the same virus or whatever and hes on a network with me.
ive scanned and rescanned my system and nothign shows up.

please help! i can only run my computer in safe mode

thank you

STeve mair

what do u scan with?
use spybot
adware personal
www.trendmicro.com free scan
www.majorgeeks.com for spybot adware and more virus protectors (only have one at a time)
use microsoft anti spyware (free as well)
after that run hijack this and post them in the hijack, post when its up and ill help

Try going into MSCONFIG and unchecking everything but your firewall and anti-virus, then reboot.

If that doesn't work, open the Task Manager and look to see what is hogging all of your resources, then Google it to see what it is and what to do about it.

Ive figured out that it is not caused by a virus but when i log on in normal mode(not safe mode) my cpu usage is 100% and its due to a program wich i cant find. i cant even END TASK in task manager because its so slow.

Anyone had that problem?!??!?!

Software can be as much of an issue as hardware, the nature of viruses is to hide themselves.Your problem can very well be caused by buggy software, I would not rule out scumware or hidden code. I would suggest to download and use, "adaware".It is a proven application, even if you have adware, when you start your system,any adware and viruses will eat up your cpu, it autostarts and connects, viruses will often corrupt other files, your processor will slow to a crawl, this is often the first and only indication there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom