Computer Crippled with Malewere

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hellow,

On Sunday tomorow, am gonna be getting a Laptop off a Friend to have a Look at and Fix if! a can.. Spoke to him on the Phone and after a Brief Convo, he's explained he cant get Online, its Running Slow and just allround unusual Behaviour..

I just wanted to ask since he is just out rite Greedy and refuses to Pay for Fully Licenced Internet Security what do you Gyes think about mabie useing Spybot Search and Destroy, something like AVG, and Instaling Ccleaner.

I was thinking Combofix and MBAM to have a look at the Laptop depoending on how things go with it.. If not just do a Full Wipe of the Drive and Start fresh.

Thanks for ya Help in advance..

Sorry, totally didnt think and dont know Why av put this in here.. Mabie Because a was to bysy thinking it was Vista..

How do I move the Post?

There are plenty of free tools out there. Between scanners and protection apps. But I would HIGHLY and i do mean HIGHLY recommend you do not just run Combofix and MBAM unless you know how to read their logs and understand what they can do to a PC. These tools are suggested to people for a good reason. Yes they can remove a virus or infection, but in the wrong hands they can render a machine useless and only hope is to format and reinstall. These tools are not for just anybody to use with no knowledge on what they do.

Thanks for that, al Spar wide of Combofix and MBAM for the Time being then, When the Lad brings the Laptop to is like it was Mentioned, al use Microsoft Essentialls.. Will this have the Means of being able to Detect Spywere aswell.. Or what would you Gyes Recomend?

It will but there is no single tool out there that is made to detect every single infection.

Back
Top Bottom