computer course

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
which way should i go down the hardware route or sofware route,and what jobs could i get going down either one.
thank you in advance

It depends on what you actually want to do. Nobody can do it all, and nobody should make the decision for you. I will say that there are probably more jobs available in software, and that route might have more opportunities, but I think you need to look into what each job entails and find one that really interests you.

Depend on what you would enjoy doing. Hardware engineering is a bunch of math and science. Software engineering, a lot of programming languages. Probably a load of math.

How do you feel about network engineering?

Hardware generally will start with desktop support and help desk type work. The general career parth would be from a desktop support path into more involved support like server and infastructure.

Software generally will start with very simple coding. Mostly probably doing application documentation and comments. That evolves into application development and implimentation. Eventually doing probably less coding and more architecture, planning, implimentation, and consultation.

Those are very very very general terms. Every company is different, and going one route doesn't mean you can't jump back to the other, but generally speaking if you aren't sure which way to go, hardware or software these two examples would give you an idea of where those paths go.

Go with what you like. Both career paths have their positives and negatives, and both are sure to have huge futures down the road. Currently i'm going the hardware route, but i've always enjoyed programming (original major) and may try to get into programming down the road. What are you most pasionate about right now? At that point go into that field IMO.

i like to know how things work like flashing tftp ing etc i dont even know how to do that,i had a look on google,they said hardware,is everything outside the computer,i would like to know how it all works inside etc

thanks guys still confused as to what the job prospects are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom