computer attacking itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja87

Beta member
i have norton internet security 2005 installed on my computer and just recently it has started to keep popping up little messages in the corner telling me that it has 'blocked an attempt to attack my computer' or something like that.
im happy its blocking attacks. but when i check the details it shows the IP address of the computer thats attak came from, which happens to be my IP. (suicidal computer!!?)
i installed azureus not long ago and these messages only seems to happen when im using that, though it didnt happen at all for the first few days but now its pretty frequent.
does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be or how to stop it.

It maybe a program trying to open a new port on your pc. Things such as BT or P2P programs will need to be allowed in Nortons so they can pass throught the firewall.

John Cambece

This is a function of norton, it will attempt to block redirects, and anything intrusive, such as ads; Some software will install addware into your system, norton will sometimes pick this up, that is likley the issue. Norton may identify the name of the program in some cases. An egsample of this is Edonkey, it will install the savenow software, norton will initialy warn of intrusive software, just an egsample. If a progam installs a software package into your system for the purpose of ads and you get spamed by such an ad, you would get your own ip adress back. If you believe you do infact have a virus, please repost. Good luck ja87.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom