Compaq Presario 2200 mini pci wifi card install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
Picked up a minipci brand new for like 14 bucks shipped for my uncle's Compaq Presario 2200. He used usb wifi dongles but his toddler keeps breaking them. So he said he wanted to go internal. Saw he had the slot, bought the wifi card, and I try to install from Intel, but it says I have to turn the wifi switch on. These is no wifi switch on the keyboard or where I installed the mini-pci card.

Where is this wifi switch?

There should be an FN key for that. Theres nothing like this?

p204.jpg

See on F9, it has a wireless icon?

Is there an FN key anywhere? This sounds fishy. Did you install the correct drivers? Not just Window's default.

2 things.

1. It wasn't made to have internal wireless. There was the mini-pci slot though, so I put a wireless card in.

2. I installed intel drivers for the type of card I got. Direct from intel. It's telling me to turn my switch on, but I have no access to a switch.

I understand that. Even though the laptop did not come with a wireless card, they sometimes do have a FN key for that.

Are you using an Intel program to manage wireless, or are you using Windows?

Edit: What OS are you running, anyway?

I'm running XP and windows controls my wireless. Can't take a picture of the keyboard at the moment, but there are no wireless buttons or options on the keyboard anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom