Company of Heroes much more difficult than your average RTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
I've played several RTS's and have been playing Age of Empires 1 since it came out. I've played (and still do) Age of Empires 2 and 3, Black adn White 1 and 2, Rome: Total War, Rise of Nations and expansion, and this. I've always been extremely good with catching on with the RTS's and getting really good at them. But for some reason this one I never got good at and always struggled to beat the AI even on easiest difficulty. And this is the only thing that prevented me from purchasing the game. Well, now a friend got me the game for Christmas and I want to give the demo one last try before I exchange it for another game. Just curious if it's me taking a long time to catch on or are others having this problem too? I really don't see what I'm doing wrong. I mean the point of the game is get resources as fast and possible and defend them while advancing. I've almost perfected it on my part but maybe the AI is handicapped by getting faster resources? Anyway, it would be great to hear some opinions on whether or not you think it's fair or not. I can't return opened software so I have to try the demo before I decide I like it and open it. Other than the difficulty, I think it's a great game. I just don't get to enjoy it much because I'm frantically trying to get more resources the whole time (which I might add is extremely slow even when the rate is changed) while getting obliterated by the enemy. Anyway, thanks everyone.

In a 1v1 match on a standard map, playing as the Allies against Axis, I can dominate them if the game doesn't go on for too long. Once they build up their fuel resource and begin producing tanks, though, the going gets tough... real tough.

It seems like fuel is a far better resource to go after than the munitions.

Any RTS is hard for me im a Fps kinda guy. I wouldnt mind getting Company of Heroes tho

I enjoy the game greatly, maybe it is because I never used to play resource gathering rts much. So I have a "style"in playing them.

Just right when you get on the ground send an engineer group out to cap and then biuld another unit. Once they are spawned make them build a barracks and spawn about 2 rifle units. Send them out on patrol with a jeep and gun down any german engineers. Spawn a 3rd engineer unit and have them make stuff like motors pools.

lol try playing the supreme commander multiplayer beta. unless u played total annihilation before, you will get owned every time.

yea i own the game in skirmish mode if you **** around to much building def and what not your screwed, like he said once the enemy gets tanks its real hard to defend even with a well fortified area, i had several Anti tank weapons placed at choke points around my base with machine gun nests and the m10 tank killer at each entrance and got raped still...you **** around you get killed, campaign mode was easy though. The game seems based around fast paced play, like i said you **** around you die other then that great game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom