COD4 Players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hostile reply??

You were the one who insulted a member via pm so i suggest you stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

And we keep coming back to the pro gamers thing. They do not make the game, they can do whatever they want in their leagues or whatever. I am not debating that...so drop it.

My point is that its a valid weapon, and was put into the game because it is a part of modern warfare. And yes it does have the power to take out as much as 10 guys, provided they are all in the same area (the 5-15 meter killzone). If it doesn't take them all out, the rest will be critically injured with limbs missing and hot shrapnel flying everywhere.

The fact of the matter is that war isnt pretty, and a lot of our weapons have very devastating and lethal effects. And i can say this because i am part of an Artillery Battalion...so i have first hand experience with high powered munitions.

But really, people need to grow up and quit complaining about it. You only get two shots, its not like you have an unlimited amount and can go around hitting everybody with it.

Do you think war is balanced?? The game is modeled after modern warfare.

You guys should learn to respect and recognize the dedication some people have put into games. Sure they aren't saving the world or defending our country but that doesn't mean they should be looked down upon, they are merely doing what brings them entertainment, which is really what the primary of life is about. If you've never seen any pro gaming competition videos ( I severely doubt some of you have ), well then you have no idea exactly how MUCH better pro gamers are in their games then casual or even very good players. Heck I remember watching the CS videos back in the day of Ksharp and I could SWEAR by his view he was using aimbot…but he wasn't because he played in person in a CPL event…that's how good he was…it was just simply amazing…

I will admit pro gamers are allot better at cod4 than I am but I see no reason to treat there opinion as law when it comes to games.

I have a ton of respect for members of the military, people who are willing to put their lives on the line to defend their country. I cant say the same about people who sit a at a desk all day and play fps's.

Why is anyone comparing real life and games. How is beign good with a mouse and keyboard anyway related to holding and shooting a gun ? there not even remotely similar.

The only thing someone may gain from a realistic simulator type game like Americas Army, Armed Assualt and maybe Call of Duty 4 is how to hold a gun, and even then i wouldn't expect someone to pick up a gun right.

They are uncomparable. Rican would own you all in a target shooting compotition, and a "pro gamer" if there is such a thing, would own rican in a match on CoD4, unless rican is particularly skilled in CoD4 (Which i don't know, as ive never played him)

And as for the M203 grenade launcher, or whatever it's called, being removed from the game. That's stupid, why is it any different to being killed by the gun itself ? you die either way. It's a real weapon just like every other gun in the game.

I'm sorry but if someone fires there Grenade launcher and 5 guys die, it's there fault for being so stupidily close to each other and not shooting the guy in the 1st place.#

And Ricans Right, Call of Duty 4 is supposed to be slightly realistic, atleats moreso then most FPS action games. So you can't really complain when a HE/Frag Grenade blows up 5 people. Be thankfull they didn't make RPG's realistic - similar to grenades, you just get ripped up by hot shrapnel from tens of meters away. I only know these kind of things because i just finished reading a 1st hand account of a sniper in iraq.

Hostile reply??

You were the one who insulted a member via pm so i suggest you stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

Haha WOW insulted a member via pm!?!? Is that what he's calling it, please I have all the logs of our pm debate, where he clearly called me names and I did not respond back with name calling. He even wanted to bring moderators into this in which I invited him more then willingly to do so. He called me a dipBEEP, and yet I called him no such names of any kind…so…wheres the insult? If anyone wants to see the ridiculous PM debate I had with him and just how wrong he was ( he claims to be in the airforce and that tanks cost as much as aircraft ) then please just ask.

My point is that its a valid weapon, and was put into the game because it is a part of modern warfare. And yes it does have the power to take out as much as 10 guys, provided they are all in the same area (the 5-15 meter killzone). If it doesn't take them all out, the rest will be critically injured with limbs missing and hot shrapnel flying everywhere.

The fact of the matter is that war isnt pretty, and a lot of our weapons have very devastating and lethal effects. And i can say this because i am part of an Artillery Battalion...so i have first hand experience with high powered munitions.

Wow you kind of like going off topic don't you? Anyways my exaggeration was actually a joke to prove that the grenades in the game are more powerful in real life in that 10 people prone cant shield the blast ( due to the game engine limitations ) while in real life it was PROVEN in myth busters that a few meat shields can actually stop the shrapnel. 10 meat shields would be expected to be able to stop the shrapnel, so I used it as a joke…for anyone who thinks COD4 is realistic in the slightest…come on…double tap perk? lol…

But really, people need to grow up and quit complaining about it. You only get two shots, its not like you have an unlimited amount and can go around hitting everybody with it.

I think your one of the first people to use this ridiculous line of logic. Game balance + mechanics + play is fundamental in a video game ( hence the name game ). Grenade launchers are overpowered and thus would be highly used by professionals if they weren't banned. I'm not crying or complaining and just giving my opinion which contradicts yours.

The fact of the matter is your telling me that casual players opinions have as much validity and truth to pro gamer opinions and that's just not true….its like saying a homeless bum off the streets knows as much about politics and therefore I value his opinion as much as say a political analyst whos spent most his life studying politics…if you don't distinguish the two then you seriously have problems.

Why is anyone comparing real life and games. How is beign good with a mouse and keyboard anyway related to holding and shooting a gun ? there not even remotely similar.

The only thing someone may gain from a realistic simulator type game like Americas Army, Armed Assualt and maybe Call of Duty 4 is how to hold a gun, and even then i wouldn't expect someone to pick up a gun right.

They are uncomparable. Rican would own you all in a target shooting compotition, and a "pro gamer" if there is such a thing, would own rican in a match on CoD4, unless rican is particularly skilled in CoD4 (Which i don't know, as ive never played him)

And as for the M203 grenade launcher, or whatever it's called, being removed from the game. That's stupid, why is it any different to being killed by the gun itself ? you die either way. It's a real weapon just like every other gun in the game.

I'm sorry but if someone fires there Grenade launcher and 5 guys die, it's there fault for being so stupidily close to each other and not shooting the guy in the 1st place.#

And Ricans Right, Call of Duty 4 is supposed to be slightly realistic, atleats moreso then most FPS action games. So you can't really complain when a HE/Frag Grenade blows up 5 people. Be thankfull they didn't make RPG's realistic - similar to grenades, you just get ripped up by hot shrapnel from tens of meters away. I only know these kind of things because i just finished reading a 1st hand account of a sniper in iraq.

dude most of the issues you bring up are already addressed, please read my posts, and second I'm not complaining in the power of the grenade launcher but rather its ease of use, unlimited range, etc which makes it overpowered...go back and read my posts because it seems like you haven't at all. Also I wasn't the one who brought up the whole ridiculous realism debate in a video game...

I think we all just need to chill out...seriously. Its a game. There's always going to be something in a game somebody somewhere does not like. Whether it be a perk, a weapon, a particular stat, etc etc. Something in a game is always going to displease somebody (or a group of somebodies) out there.

dude most of the issues you bring up are already addressed, please read my posts, and second I'm not complaining in the power of the grenade launcher but rather its ease of use, unlimited range, etc which makes it overpowered...go back and read my posts because it seems like you haven't at all. Also I wasn't the one who brought up the whole ridiculous realism debate in a video game...

I never said you did bring up the realism debate, i am just saying my opinion to everyone. I am reinforcing what people have said.

Sorry for contributing..:eek:

The fact of the matter is your telling me that casual players opinions have as much validity and truth to pro gamer opinions and that's just not true….

Sorry, but what a disgusting thing to say. You have basicly just said not everyone deserves a right to express there opinion and only those most educated in their particular field should be listened to. What year do you live in ? How can you tell someone there opinion is wrong, just how ? an opinion is exactley that. It is not true nor is it false, it is merely ones thoughts on a particular situation. If someone who never played CoD4 before came off after an hour and said, "the grenade launcher is overpowered" how is he wrong ? and how is he right ? Is there a definitive answer to that question, no there isn't. Your opinion, my opinion, and even 3 year old childs opinion is just as valid as a "pro gamer" such as Johnathen Wendel.

This is not a personal attack on you Gabb, but much of what you say is just purely wrong and thoughtless.

QFT! The idea is to kill the other guy first and to make his buddies so incapacitated and demoralized that they don't want to fight back. If that means shooting 40mm grenades at them then so be it. War is not a game and has no reset button.

Haha WOW insulted a member via pm!?!? Is that what he's calling it, please I have all the logs of our pm debate, where he clearly called me names and I did not respond back with name calling. He even wanted to bring moderators into this in which I invited him more then willingly to do so. He called me a dipBEEP, and yet I called him no such names of any kind…so…wheres the insult? If anyone wants to see the ridiculous PM debate I had with him and just how wrong he was ( he claims to be in the airforce and that tanks cost as much as aircraft ) then please just ask.

Yes i did call you a dip ****. You deserved it. And many other members are learning that pretty quick. I stopped the PM debate not because you won, but because i realized there is no reasoning with you. I know your type. They will continue to argue as long as it takes and will never admit defeat. I decided to be the adult and drop it.

And if you doubt who I am then look it up, its a part of public record. Cadet Matthew White AFROTC det 290 the flying wildcats @ the University of Kentucky. I know who I am and what I do. I haven't seen action and I pray to God that I never will but that doesn't change the fact that I am a member of the United States Air Force and have sworn to protect the Constitution and people like you.

Sorry, but what a disgusting thing to say. You have basicly just said not everyone deserves a right to express there opinion and only those most educated in their particular field should be listened to. What year do you live in ? How can you tell someone there opinion is wrong, just how ? an opinion is exactley that. It is not true nor is it false, it is merely ones thoughts on a particular situation. If someone who never played CoD4 before came off after an hour and said, "the grenade launcher is overpowered" how is he wrong ? and how is he right ? Is there a definitive answer to that question, no there isn't. Your opinion, my opinion, and even 3 year old childs opinion is just as valid as a "pro gamer" such as Johnathen Wendel.

This is not a personal attack on you Gabb, but much of what you say is just purely wrong and thoughtless.

Much of what I say? Read what I said exactly, I used the word validity. EVERYONE has a right to voice an opinion, does that mean that everyones opinions are as valid as others? even if they have limited or no experience in a subject? You may think so but I don't, thats how I feel and thats not thoughtless in the slightest, your taking what I'm saying and taking it to the extreme to where I'm saying everyones opinion is useless. If you consider a 3 year old childs opinion as valid as a John Wendel when it comes to a game...well then I'm sorry but in my humble opinion that is plain foolish.

QFT! The idea is to kill the other guy first and to make his buddies so incapacitated and demoralized that they don't want to fight back. If that means shooting 40mm grenades at them then so be it. War is not a game and has no reset button.

Wow I might as well insert some of my civil engineering technical writing documents into this conversation because its as relevant to the issue at hand as when you guys talk about war being fair ( meaning your arguments about war being unfair are completely irrelevant ). No one ever once brought up how war is fair, I mean even the pro BF2 people against grenade launchers didn't use this ridiculous argument not to nerf GLs, and thankfully Dice listened to people with reason and nerfed the GL in BF2. Lastly concerning game balance and weapons being overpowered, do you honestly imagine infinity ward saying the defense for the GL being too overpowered as "well we designed the game to be as realistic as possible, and war isn't fair, so we left it inbalanced like that...we think its very realistic"

I think we all just need to chill out...seriously. Its a game. There's always going to be something in a game somebody somewhere does not like. Whether it be a perk, a weapon, a particular stat, etc etc. Something in a game is always going to displease somebody (or a group of somebodies) out there.

Believe it or not I am chill, they are the ones throwing name calling and insults, but its very "adult" of Zmatt like he says.

Yes i did call you a dip ****. You deserved it. And many other members are learning that pretty quick. I stopped the PM debate not because you won, but because i realized there is no reasoning with you. I know your type. They will continue to argue as long as it takes and will never admit defeat. I decided to be the adult and drop it.

Concerning your last line, you mean to say you decided to be a child and resort to name calling right?
Lets get the facts straight about our PM debate that you could not counter because they were facts
1. You said tanks are just as expensive as aircraft, something which is not true. Sure there are civilian aircraft and low cost aircraft that can be cheaper then tanks, but generally military aircraft cost more then tanks, this is why 3rd world countries have tanks but no airforce ( not to mention expensive maintenance costs ).
2. You said no one in the community complained about the Crysiswars.exe bug when I showed you a link showing a member did complain days after it came out, in fact I sent them the solution!
3. You accused me of locking the thread, when only moderators have lock powers, and ask any moderator if I had asked them to lock the thread because they will say I did not. If they say I am lying, then I will never post in the forums again, you have my word.

Those were the 3 main issues you were completely wrong about, it's undeniable…so undeniable I want to hear you try to deny them. Your just further embarrassing yourself, and tell others lies who don't know about our debate like Rican that I was the one who insulted you. Saying who or what you are is theoretically useless on the internet since facts can never be verified, but I could care less honestly and to be fair ill take your word for it...just answer my question concerning #1

Honestly this was just a simple debate of how I stated the GL was imbalanced and used the pro gaming community as a source. Then people questioned why and I stated I held their opinions with more validity especially when some people who had the counter opinion had very limited experience with this game. This lead to insults from Zmatt and Ricanflow, and I'm so sure I have done nothing wrong that I even invite an admin to please monitor and read this entire debate. If I am found to do any wrong doing please do me the favor and BAN ME FOR LIFE, because I wouldn't want to come to a forums with such moderating, also if you want to see our PM debate just ask.

if anyone does happen to read this debate, please consider this post my most important.

Honestly, i could give a rats behind about "hardcore players". Its in the game, deal with it. If you can only be good by banning all the weapons in the game, that doesnt say much for your skill level in my book.

And if its about realisim, ok perks we can do without. But the m203 is a valid attachment and part of the sopmod config for the M16A4/M4 Carbine. It doesnt need to be taken out of a game...period.

Alright, a couple things here. I have played AA, and i am active military. I only did the beginning of the game, but from what i remember yes it was very very realistic.

We are actually taught to aim for center mass, with two shots. Why? Well because the m16 is known for outstanding accuracy, but its missing the knockdown power of previous rifles. The 5.56 round isnt very large at all.

A single shot can kill an enemy, but not likely if they are wearing body armor, and it depends how far away you are from them, and where you place the round.

A properly zerod and adjusted m16 or m4 with scope can be used as a sniper rifle. But snipers will always opt for the larger caliber round, cause they only have one shot to eliminate the target. With iron sights, i was only able to hit one out of four 300m targets.

An expert shooter can take all 4 everytime. Put the scope on there, and you can double the range easily. Its extremely hard with iron sights because a 300 meter target looks like a tiny speck. And moving the rifle half an inch while prone can mean missing the target by a foot or more.

Burst mode is a pain to be accurate with, because each round lifts the muzzle up slightly..... so most of the time we use semi-auto, and tap the trigger with the tip of the finger.

The training stuff is realistic, but the multiplayer is not. Perhaps more realistic than CoD4, but still not realistic.

Armed Assault is much more realistic than Americas Army.

Gabb, just to clear it up i never did once insult you or anyone on this forum.....i dont do that. I said you were full of crap...thats not a direct insult to you its just saying your statements are crap.

You really should just drop it...everyone is against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom