Circuit (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
So how do you like my circuit?

Basically it's a pretty simple logic circuit (the first one I've built). It's for class of course, but I think it's pretty cool.

Here is some pics (taken with webcam so low-qualiity).

All that is like 4 feet of wire!

Picture1-1.jpg

Picture2-1.jpg

Picture3-1.jpg

Picture4-1.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Looks like alot of work. All things you can get at a radio shack though. It's a subject I know almost nothing about so I can't comment on it, but it seems like interesting stuff to get into.

I really know nothing of this wizardry :) but I must know....is it a parallel circuit or a series circuit? (or just shoot my lame question down for stupidity.) :)

Elbatrop1 said:
Neato! If it is your first Logic circuit, it must be using an AND or an OR Gate?

Yes, there are some ANDs, some ORs, some NANDs and some inverters!

Pretty much here are the components:

A switch which turns on the LEDs. Light on represents a 1, off = 0
A DIP connector (the blue thing), the whole thing has only 3 inputs, the DIP allows to select either "high" or "low" (1 or 0).

Then there is a block of inverters (self-explanatory)

Then a block on NAND gates (performs the NAND function "not AND")

Then a blovk or OR gates (OR function)

And finally a block of AND gates.

This thing only performs 3 functions and we use the LEDs to display the result (o or 1 ---> LED on of off).

Deathawk said:
So what class is this, and what do you do?

It's called "Logic Design," basically an introductory course to logic circuits etc. We do these circuits just so we know how they actually look like. Most other stuff (more complex) is done by computer simulators. Which of course makes sense since once these are manufactured, they are very small!

Enterpriser[/i] [B] I really know nothing of this wizardry but I must know....is it a parallel circuit or a series circuit? (or just shoot my lame question down for stupidity.) [/B][/QUOTE] Well the entire circuit performs 3 logic functions said:
Looks like alot of work. All things you can get at a radio shack though. It's a subject I know almost nothing about so I can't comment on it, but it seems like interesting stuff to get into.

Fortunately we were provided with most of the stuff, even though a 1-dollar calculator has a circuitry way more complex than this. If we were to buy all these components at radio shack, the price would be like $20 I guess. Without including the breadboard which is like $30.

moving away from your subject and having a sharp image is alot better than filling the frame with nothing but bokeh. These are so out of focus, it's hard to see anything really. step back, FOCUS, crop, and resize if needed.

macro focus mode ftw.

anyways, is that breadboard? i hate that crap. it has an inherent capacitance that can build up over multiple components. it can really screw with things, especially when you're working with audio circuits.

Mr. Switch said:
moving away from your subject and having a sharp image is alot better than filling the frame with nothing but bokeh. These are so out of focus, it's hard to see anything really. step back, FOCUS, crop, and resize if needed.

Yeah, the photos are useless. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom