Christmas presant from my wife: new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
right now i have the radeon 9800pro... and im not satisfied with my OC'n and 3dmark scores im getting... nor my frame rates in doom3 and bf2...

so... we were at best buy tonite and i was looking at them... and the only agp card they seemed to have in the price range was the x850pro (at least i think, i cant remember) it was 299.99...

i know itll give me better performance than my 9800pro... but will it be a serious difference... or one that will be... eh.. o.k.

if theres any other ati cards out there that are better for around that price range... (she did say she was trying to find something for me for under $500) and yes... i do want to stay with ati

p0werslave said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102502

currently the best agp card on the market, all other nvidia cards are being phased out from agp. A lot of people are going to tell you to get a new motherboard and video card, and in that case could be in your budget 500$ of course, but this is just fine for right now and you shouldn't need an upgrade for awhile.

cool thanks...

yea... im not ready to upgrade everything again... this system isnt even a year old yet :(

edit: woops... just realized i put this in the wrong section...

what socket is your 3500?
Get an msi k8n neo4-f pci-express and a 6800gs
which comes to 290$ with shipping off newegg
even if you had to get a new processor it'd be worth it.
I know you said you wanted ati, but it's like prefering crap to french fries

and nvidia makes some pretty good french fries

PcMe said:
what socket is your 3500?
Get an msi k8n neo4-f pci-express and a 6800gs
which comes to 290$ with shipping off newegg
even if you had to get a new processor it'd be worth it.
I know you said you wanted ati, but it's like prefering crap to french fries

and nvidia makes some pretty good french fries

its socket 939...

but msi tho... thats what i bought b4 the setup i had now... and i recieved a dead board, twice, from newegg... thats why i decided to go with abit....

and anyway... im gonna be building a new system in a year... so i dont see the need to do it now

just get the x850xt if you wanna stay with ati. Its their fastest AGP graphics card or get the PCI-express one if you are PCI express

Get a NEW MOBO, just kidding lol.

The Radeon 9800 Pro was and it is a great card, thats was my card before i switch to Nvidia (around 4 to 5 weeks ago :D )

Anyway if you are going to stick with ATI get the card that espeed said the X850XT.

Is there that card with one slot only?? i really hate see people getting the two slot VGA :rolleyes: :confused:

-Just a question i really want anyone to clarify me if the X850XT (that card from the link best than the GeForce 6800GT(256MB e.c.t) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom