Chris Roberts (of Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer fame) is back with one hellova Space Sim!

Hammer_0f_God

Solid State Member
Indeed it was. Though that was Wing commander 3 if I'm not mistaken, during the era of live action filming for games. Also had a few other notable names like John Rhys Davies of Indiana Jones & LOTR (as Gimli) fame.
Was a great series. Really glad to see Chris Roberts back in the saddle - no one does space sims like he can :)

Uhuh! Thats why I jumped on board & backed this project in a flash!
Cant wait to get my hands on his Wing Commander style Squadron 42 single player campaign.
Though I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the open world Freelancer style gameplay of Star Citizen that will follow on from that, as well.

Just really glad to see Space Sims making a comeback :D

Uhuh! Thats why I jumped on board & backed this project in a flash!
Cant wait to get my hands on his Wing Commander style Squadron 42 single player campaign.
Though I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the open world Freelancer style gameplay of Star Citizen that will follow on from that, as well.

Just really glad to see Space Sims making a comeback :D

You know what I would REALLY like to see? Star Control 3. That would be epic.

@ajacks13: hmm... I don't think so... I never played those games myself, but I believe that it was around that time when those games where out, that Chris Roberts retired from the gaming scene, & went into the production side of the movie industry - responsible for movies such as Lucky Number Sleven, Outlander, Lord of War & Wing Commander to name a few.

@Omoplata: Oh yeah wouldn't I love to see Star Control making a comeback!
If I'm not mistaken however, I believe there was a Star Control 3... though I never played it myself, but remember hearing it wasn't very well received by fans...
Don't quote me on that though, not too sure...

I loved me some Wing Commander 3. A bit repetitive, but I enjoyed the story. Probably one of the first games that I Goog... wait, that didn't exist... Bing... wait... nope... uhhhhh... WebCrawler! That's what I used then! Anywho... my first walkthrough was printed off for WC3 so I could get the "best" ending.

Back
Top Bottom