Choppy sound with Z-5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
Hi, ive had my Logitech Z-5500 speakers for a while but the sound recently became choppy whenever i do anything on the computer, its not always choppy it will sound good for a couple seconds then go choppy then go good again for a couple seconds repeating. I started having this problem after downloading steam and playing Left 4 Dead if that has anything to do with it (could be coincidence). When i use the speakers for playing xbox it seems to work perfectly though. is there anything i can do to fix this?

Edit

I now think its a sound card problem because i get the same choppy sound through my headphones, I have the SupremeFX II soundcard that came with the maximus formula.

I would start by reseating the card. If you haven't tried reinstalling your drivers do that as well.

The ASUS soundcards that come with the boards are known for having choppy sound. You might just have a bad one.

i tried reinstalling the drivers it didnt work and like i said its worked for like a year and recently stopped, also how do i reset the card?

Reseat not reset. Take it out and use a pipe cleaner to clean inside the slot. Then plug it back in. Could just be a bad connection.

Reseat, not reset. Reseat it just means take it out physically, and put it back in and make sure its tight in the PCI slot.

Edit: Baez beat me to it.

No change, whats a good replacement soundcard. it has to fit in the same slot as the Supreme FX II, its the little black one, cant think of what its called right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom