Changing My IP

UKjunglist

Beta member
Aloha all, I have a quick question and would appreciate any advice if possible :) Basically I have been banned for a forum and would like to change my IP address. I have tried the standard cmb and then inputting the infog/renew etc but that does nothing in retrospect. Is there any decent software that is free to do this or an easier way around it? Thanks
-Tom

The ipconfig commands only affect your private ip. It's your public ip that's been banned.

Depending on your ISP, you may be able to get a new ip after disconnecting your modem for a period of time; it could be a couple hours to an entire day. It may not change at all.

Aside from that, you could try a proxy site (just google it) but that won't work for a lot of forums. The simplest way would be to just use a different internet connection like a coffee shop's public wifi or something.

Well I live on a shared connection and I cannot have access to the router, so that is out of the question. I am not too savvy when it comes to actual computing and or programing, I am a designer but do not know much about the computing side. I get lost when it comes to proxies etc, even with instructions, could anybody help with a decent proxy?

Best option would be to not get banned. Second best option is to restart the modem and the ISP generally gives you a new IP. They don't give every single household their own IP, they usually use NAT translation so there is a bank of IP's that specific modems get depending on their MAC.

Since neither of these are an option you can try using a proxy, but that doesn't always work.

Best option would be to not get banned. Second best option is to restart the modem and the ISP generally gives you a new IP. They don't give every single household their own IP, they usually use NAT translation so there is a bank of IP's that specific modems get depending on their MAC.

Since neither of these are an option you can try using a proxy, but that doesn't always work.

Yea I am going to try and not get banned next time, I was just messing about a lot, got banned and then somehow managed to get back in. However, I spoke about my ban and a mod read it and re-banned me.

Anyway, here is a site I have just found that kind of work. I can open the forum and post, but it is slightly different and a little harder.
*removed link*

Last edited by a moderator:

I've had the same IP for over a year with my ISP. Multiple reboots. Could be because I don't rent their equipment though.

Basically I have been banned for a forum and would like to change my IP address.

So you say you were banned some place and want to violate more rules by trying to sneak back in?

I have no understanding why anybody would offer you any help here, it's despicable

So you say you were banned some place and want to violate more rules by trying to sneak back in?

I have no understanding why anybody would offer you any help here, it's despicable

To be honest with you, Joe, it was quite a harsh ban. I can appeal in IRC but I doubt that will do anything. I was simply trolling on 2 boards in a chan that I like, and I got a life ban from all boards :rolleyes: Owel, I am just using different IPs to go in there and I am moving to a new place next month anyway so I will have a new fixed IP, so for the main time proxies it is.

Back
Top Bottom