Changing Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I right clicked on Windows the folder which that holds everyhitng and pressed copy and went over to my other drive right click paste it took like 15 minutes for all of the things to transfer over and it now works fine. I've also done it another way what I did was just reinstalled windows. what do you mean confirm?

can't have been xp then - because just copying across would lose lots of critical files - especially the registry, which would be brand new - so all of the installed apps would not work either. I need a way of making a complete image of the existing partition, so the system basically thinks it's the same thing. The more I look the more it seems that a purchase is going to be needed - something like BootitNG

I've had really good luck with Miray HDClone (the Personal [free] edition). It's slow, but it's free and the resultant disk works. (Or has the few times I've used it.) With the free edition, you can only go from a smaller to a larger disk, which is what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom