certificate errors after bios flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
not sure if this is the right section for this question, but here goes.

last night i flashed my bios to provide support for a new cpu chip.
installed the chip and booted up windows.

i am getting certificate errors on all the "secure" sites that i visit and have visited before (paypal, newegg, my bank's site, ect.)

i cant even log into my bank.

i have tried adding these sites to the "trusted" tags, but this does nothing.
i went as far as putting the "trusted" sites security on absolute low risk settings.

but yet, i still get certificate errors, and it prevents me from veiwing the pages correctly or from veiwing them at all.

is there a quick fix for this?

thanks.

What OS are you using? Windows could be having issues itself cause of the CPU change. Windows hardware profile was changed from when it was installed and without it workign properly you can get errors like this.

If you are running XP i would try a Repair install. But other than that try some of the stuff suggested on these sites.

..::Correcting Security Certificate Issues with Internet Explorer 7::..
Secure Sites - Internet Explorer 7
How do I tell Internet Explorer to trust a security certificate? :: Free Tech Support from Ask Dave Taylor!

There is also much more available from my search.

certificate errors in internet explorer - Live Search

What OS are you using? Windows could be having issues itself cause of the CPU change. Windows hardware profile was changed from when it was installed and without it workign properly you can get errors like this.

If you are running XP i would try a Repair install. But other than that try some of the stuff suggested on these sites.

..::Correcting Security Certificate Issues with Internet Explorer 7::..
Secure Sites - Internet Explorer 7
How do I tell Internet Explorer to trust a security certificate? :: Free Tech Support from Ask Dave Taylor!

There is also much more available from my search.

certificate errors in internet explorer - Live Search

vista 64-bit

thanks for the links, ill read up on em.

edit:
tried all of the suggestions listed in those links + more, nothing worked.
im going to reboot just for the smell of it.

It's probably the time.

EDIT: check the time on your PC

you know, i did not reset the time in the bois, didnt think it mattered.

ill go do that now, thanks for the suggestion.

ill report back with results.

edit: Kmote! i want to give you a giant kiss (but im not cause you may be a guy)

thank you so much, this fixed my problem! the time was good, but the date, well lets say it was 1 day 1 year off ;)
changed it to the correct date, tweeked the time to the exact minute, and wala! no more of these errors, i tested paypal and my bank and no errors.

thanks so much.

you know, i did not reset the time in the bois, didnt think it mattered.

ill go do that now, thanks for the suggestion.

ill report back with results.

edit: Kmote! i want to give you a giant kiss (but im not cause you may be a guy)

thank you so much, this fixed my problem! the time was good, but the date, well lets say it was 1 day 1 year off ;)
changed it to the correct date, tweeked the time to the exact minute, and wala! no more of these errors, i tested paypal and my bank and no errors.

thanks so much.

No problem mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom