Centos users issue

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
Hello,

We have a server at work that serves up a bunch of stuff, including a wiki page. I tried to access the wiki page, but I needed to have a login in order to access the page. The little popup would come up saying that you need to log into this server.

I, for the life of me, can't find where all the users are stored. I don't think everyone is added as a centos user on the machine. I'm not sure if it uses microsoft's active directory to authenticate users (not sure if linux can even use AD). Can someone point me in the right direction to look?

Where is the wiki page?

What server is it stored on?

The wiki page is on the CentOS server. I don't see apache installed anywhere, but it looks like php is installed.

Edit: so this is where our calendars are also stored, and I found a .caldavpasswd file with all the existing accounts and hashed passwords. Is there any way I can add myself in? I'm trying to research what caldav solution the previous person used to set up this server.

Edit2: So somehow, people are able to log in to the server and access stuff without having an actual account on the server (CentOS account that is). I am trying to find what other account manager there is. The .caldavpasswd file looks to be storing the correct people, but I'm not sure where to add a user.

Last edited:
I would like to note that I fixed this issue myself by finding out how users were being authenticated (they referenced the .caldavpasswd file). I then asked someone here how the passwords were made, and we made them with htpasswd. Simple, took a day, but solved :)

Back
Top Bottom