CDs or DVDs don't show up on my desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookwriterLA

Beta member
Hello all:

Here's a weird thing: when I insert a DVD or CD (either prerecorded or blank CD-R) into my Mac G4 (I now have Tiger OSX), I can't see the CD on my desktop or anywhere else.
However, I can burn to disc from iPhoto and iTunes no problem. I can't watch a DVD or listen to a CD from my computer any more. This problem started when I downloaded the newest version of iTunes. Everything was fine before then. What gives? Thanks in advance.

thanks for the quick reply, folks. okay, I've tested a few more CDs and DVDs and my computer only recognizes certain kinds. And when it does recognize them, they do show up in Disk Utility. However, I put in the same music CD I used to be able to listen to and no luck this time around. No, I didn't replace my drive or do anything out of the ordinary (except I noticed this started happening after I installed iTunes 7).
I've also repaired my permissions on Disc Utility. Another solution would be to reboot from my install disc but how do I do this w/o erasing my HD or creating a 2nd folder with my old drive data in it? In the mean time, I'm brought in a boom box into my computer room and am listening to CDs from it which is sad.

you may wont to see if you can update your itunes, there may have been a proplem with the one you got. so say you got 7.0.0 and they found a problem and now its 7.0.1?

If worse comes to worse you could back up everything and reformat.

i had to do that when running boot camp there was a complication.

do you still have the soft where to play the dvd ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom