cd rom no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niobe1

Solid State Member
Hello everyone I am very new to the forum.I am glad I found it and hopefully I can get some help on this problem
I have an NEC laptop versa 4080.I have been haveing problems with the cd rom not playing audio cd's. It detects the cd but I have no audio.The cd player is A toshiba.Everything else works ok.If I need to download from the cd to the computer it works just fine just no audio.Everyhting seems to be in place.Checked the cd audio level on the controll panel and its in the middle.Speakers are working on the laptop.I get sound from other functions the laptop has but no audio from the cd.
Any info would be appreciated..
Thank you Niobe:D

OK I got the cd rom to play but now I have a new problem It acts like its skipping but not. It will play in windows media player for A second then go off then play for a sec then go off.The light on the cd rom comes on when that happens and also A jar looking symbol comes on by the battery symbol.
I dont know what that round symbol by the battery meter means but it comes on at the same time the cd rom light flashes.The cd is not skipping but only playing for a second
Any Ideas?Thanks Niobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom