cd key is invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am fixing a friends laptop and when I enter the cd key during the windows install it just says CD key is invalid even though I typed it in exactly as on the sticker now I am stuck at this part of the installation and can't go any further until I have the key

i think I have it sorted now its a hp compaq presarrio v2000 so I had to flip the whole computer over and type it also I am legally blind and i typed a "B" instead if an "8" I think its working now

thanx for the quick replies

ok another problem though now that windows is set up I can't find any drivers for the video card, windows update took care of all other driver issues but this stubborn video card that I don't even know what it is can't get drivers from windows update for some reason. All I know is its an ati card and the laptop model is a compaq presario v2000 with sempron processor

Go to the Compaq site and get them from there. Best option. there is a long list of v2000 laptops. Need to know which one you have specifically.

Product search results

All the v2000s on that page have intel drivers. I know this is an ati card since there is a sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom