cd game problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichol

Baseband Member
about one month ago, i found error with my windows 98se when typing with microsoft word. there's a message box says "windows has perform an illegal operation...bla...bla...bla and will be shut down". and it happened, my unsaved work in word closed suddenly! i'm so maaaad man, so i slap (smack down!) my pc and it shut afterward. ironically, my black&white cd game still left in my asus cd-rom player when i smack it!
after that, i format my HDD and install the same windows version. my pc life again, it bring me to windows again, all seems fine. but there's something weird when i insert the black&whit cd game, it won't running, seems to be an error happened, it seems to stop responding/busy for an unknown periods. what's wrong maaan?

nichol said:
so i slap (smack down!) my pc and it shut afterward. ironically, my black&white cd game still left in my asus cd-rom player when i smack it!
Slap it again! I've found when I can't beat my computer at Chess, I can beat it at Kickboxing!

Try getting up-to-date drivers.

Dave :D

Did someone say bla bla bla? :p

anyway, try any of the above.

Can you seen the CD contents in Windows Explorer?
Does the CD spin when you put it in the drive??
Can you read from other CD's?

hmmm.. the cd contents seen in win explorer hardly, it tooks a long time to be seen on win explorer. if i use other cd, it read normally.

you could try un-installing B&W then re-installing it (you should be able to keep your game files while doing this). Other than that, take a clean cloth and a little water and clean off the surface of the CD.

i've try un-installing and installing the game again too. i've try to format my HDD too. but the problem still appear.
i've clean the CD before insert it in my CD-Rom drive always. i've use the special CD cleaner foam. Have any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom