Can't send/receive emails form Outlook 2010

keops

Baseband Member
HI,

I've used outlook before to receive my yahoo mail, since I've formatted and reinstall my outlook, I can't receive/ send emails anymore

Win xp
my settings :

pop.mail.yahoo.ca
requires SSL, port 995

smtp.mail.yahoo.ca
requires SSL, port 465
checked : my outgoing server SMTP requires authenticaiton

there is NO error when I send a test but I don't see messages in the "send" folder nor do I receive My test message.

Thank you

When you click test account, does it say both sending and receiving completed successfully?

Are these the exact settings that you had before you reimaged? Generally speaking the port or authentication setting is wrong when people have this issue. Try using standard ports w/o SSL.

I see:
pop.mail.yahoo.ca
I think it's supposed to be
pop.mail.yahoo.com

And you have ca in the smtp server setting too, supposed to be .com

Check this out:
POP server settings

Want to access Yahoo Mail from an email program like Outlook or Mac Mail? Here's the settings you'll need.

Incoming Mail (POP) Server - Requires SSL

Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 995
Requires SSL: Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS

Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465 or 587
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires authentication: Yes

If your POP client doesn't offer TLS, you'll still be able to use SSL.

Login info - Requires authentication

Email address: Your full email address (name@domain.com.)
Password: Your account's password.

Mail Help | - SLN4724 - POP server settings

I see:

I think it's supposed to be
pop.mail.yahoo.com

And you have ca in the smtp server setting too, supposed to be .com

Check this out:

Mail Help | - SLN4724 - POP server settings

I've tried both .ca and .com, there is no error

I've inserted an other POP from my ISP, I've sent a test mail, the same problem occurs.
But I've noticed on the bottom right of my screen, I can see a little yellow icon envelope , does it mean the pop mail are here but they are not downloaded in outlook ? I can hear a little windows noise when the mail was delivered but they are not here!

Thank you for your help

sounds like they may be getting delivered to a different folder. i would check your inbox rules to see if new messages are moved to a different folder. You could also run an advanced find to show any email message in outlook and sort by date recieved.

sounds like they may be getting delivered to a different folder. i would check your inbox rules to see if new messages are moved to a different folder. You could also run an advanced find to show any email message in outlook and sort by date recieved.

Thank you for your genius input, I've fixed it, there was some issues with Outlook :(

Back
Top Bottom